Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

9-11-15 ???? Is this date still the ETA of the Helix

jaminjimlp

Yeah -

Finally jumped on the band wagon. Will be interested in the experience of y'all while waiting.... Probably in the next batch out. If I'm lucky maybe Thanksgiving time... Maybe by that time, they'll have the backpack case available....

Dave

I'm going to stop following when people get theirs as I foresee naysayers coming out of the woodwork with issues that may or may not be a fault of the Helix.

I am sure some of this will happen. And those that will complain because it isn't t like sitting in front of your amp. I really think the hype will be real

post-1312196-0-86866800-1443716574_thumb.jpg  Ok, are you gonna tell him he has to wait?!?!

post-1312196-0-27445900-1443716044_thumb.jpg

post-1312196-0-65531100-1443715949_thumb.jpg  Ahhh thats why it's been so long... they have to ween them first...

post-1312196-0-49346400-1443716122_thumb.jpg That's right king kong's little brother...

post-1312196-0-68702200-1443716262_thumb.jpg ahhh... "in the wild"

'in the wild"

post-1312196-0-54639300-1443716290_thumb.jpg Yep everyone's favorite guitar player Nigel Tufnel, official tester.

post-1312196-0-05961400-1443716533_thumb.jpgAnother new version?!?!?! gotta have that one too!!!

It seems like everybody but us got there's already :angry:  :o  :(

got helix? 

Mine was supposed to ship from Musician's Friend yesterday but now they are saying it won't ship until 10/16/15.  Boo!  Did anyone else order from MF?

On 10/6 when it was "supposed" to ship the date changed to 10/16.  Then (yesterday) on 10/7 the date moved to 10/17.  Now today (10/8) the date has changed to 10/18.  Do you see any pattern here?   :(  still waiting ....

For those of us that ordered from Musician's Friend (stupidly, I might add).  They have changed the ship date from 10/18/15 to 10/10/15.  So it's gone from 10/6 to 10/16 to 10/17 to 10/18 to 10/10.  Meanwhile, people who ordered from Guitar Center (which is the same company as MF) have received their Helix.

I would love to understand the distribution channels of this organization - but not as much as I'd like my Helix.

I for one will never buy anything from MF again they don't even know line 6 has shipped the helix out? Much less where they are.

The "valley girl that answerd the phone at the GC 1-800 # didn't know either and was giving me some spiel about "you just don't know how long it will be for a back order to get filled" and I told her that this was no back order it was a product launch.

Just cancelled my order with MF sam ash had 2 online. Getting shipped to my local store.

Thanks for the heads up!  I just did the same as you and it is shipping tomorrow.  :)

Yea I called Sam Ash in Atlanta yesterday and he told me that "someone picked theirs up a couple days ago and there were 2 sealed in the box in the Tampa warehouse," Did I want one and it could be at my door in 2 days. If I didn't like the guys at my local GC I would do the same thing as you guy's, but I got 20% off and they have been extremely good to me in the past and I feel I should be loyal to them (not GC).

If you didn't know MF is GC and they work out of the same building but the warehouses are completely separate. The 1-800 # told me yesterday that it could take 3 or 4 weeks to get a shipment from Cali to Kansas (she talked like a "valley Girl") I told her that I drove a truck in the past and that's not true at all because you wouldn't be a trucker very long if it took 3 - 4 weeks to do a 26 hour trip and if they already have made it to a Sam ash in ATL and not to Kansas then something was very wrong.

Yeah I knew they were the same. I've been a loyal customer to MF and the used to be much ore personal with their customers but now not so much I'll go with my local family shop and Sweetwater from now on.

can't blame you for that.... 

I just tracked my order through the MF website and it says it's shipping tomorrow.  Do I dare get my hopes up?

I talked to my local store Manager and he said the District Manager will be there today and he will see if he can get to the bottom of this.

Just got off the phone with MF - they are expecting a huge shipment tomorrow that will satisfy all the backorders.  He said they hope to have it shipped by next Saturday?  I asked why it would take a week to ship and told him other people have already received their Helixes from MF's competition and he told me it will take a while to unpack and ready them for shipment. 

Sweetwater from now on...

I talked to my local store Manager and he said the District Manager will be there today and he will see if he can get to the bottom of this.

Roughly translated, having a manager "get to the bottom of this" in Retail-Speak really means: "Uhhhh....I don't know anything, care even less, and it's time for lunch. So I'm dumping your problem on someone else who makes 75 cents more per hour than I do. Odds are he won't care either".

Just got off the phone with MF - they are expecting a huge shipment tomorrow that will satisfy all the backorders.  He said they hope to have it shipped by next Saturday?  I asked why it would take a week to ship and told him other people have already received their Helixes from MF's competition and he told me it will take a while to unpack and ready them for shipment. 

Sweetwater from now on...

It is very disappointing to hear that kinda stuff, it really don't make any since... One of the things the girl told me yesterday was "that many units (200) would need a few big trucks to bring them in" I laughed and told her that they are small enough to fit all of them in a small uhaul and people paid for that stuff months ago and it should be a priority.

Roughly translated "getting to the bottom of this" in Retail-Speak really means: "Uhhhh....I dunno, care even less, and it's time for lunch. So I'm dumping your problem on someone else who makes 75 cents more per hour than I do...and he won't care either".

I do agree with that but in this case he is a friend of mine as well.

Heads up for anyone who ordered with MF.  Just got off the phone with MF. I was told when I ordered that  my order would be filled by the first shipment they received. Called them on 10/06/15 and they said that they had arrived and that mine was in the warehouse and should ship in a couple of days. Called them just now and they said they haven't received any and that they won't be getting there first shipment until 11/13/15. WTF? Getting a little annoyed being lied to when most other retailers have already sent their first shipments and some have even sold in stores. What's the point of ordering early if everyone gets them before you anyway. I'm done with MF.

I am following this and chuckling because a couple months ago a member on here politely called me an idiot when I said I would NEVER order anything from Musicians Friend go past experience of messed up orders, used and open box items sold as new, and more. I said Sweetwater was the only way to go. He swore MF was the best. To each their own.