Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amp Wish List For The Next Update (whenever That Is)

RipperShred

Don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I'd like to see the high gain amps (sans the SLO models) reworked for enhanced realism.  The SLO, as another poster stated, does sound and seems to react in a more amp-like fashion.  The other high gain amps (especially my beloved F-Ball ;)) should really be brought up to snuff. 

As for new amp models, I'd like the lead channel from the ENGL Savage 120. 

DIEZEL VH4  DIEZEL VH4 DIEZEL VH4 DIEZEL VH4 DIEZEL VH4 DIEZEL VH4

Please :)

Also,  the Conford MK 50, it seemed to get overlooked, but i LOVE the model of it in my Vetta ll HD, great sounding model, I would love it in my dream rig :)

Hey guys im new here but i've been loving my new hd desktop so much i decided to sign up on the forums. Managed to combine the dual rec and the uberschall together to get this NASTY high gain rhythm tone. Here's my amp selections that havent already been mentioned:

Cornford RK-100

Voodoo V-Rock

• 9 months later...

Is it gaining any significant traction? Are there enough people checking it out to make a difference to L6, or is it just there to pacify the vocal minority?

I check IdeaScale probably two or three times a day. And on Fridays, our group gets email updates with all new IdeaScale submissions. We couldn't avoid it even if we wanted to.

The advantage of IdeaScale over forums is that we can actually collect everyone's ideas as meaningful data—e.g. XX% of submitters want a 5150 model. Browsing hundreds of threads on a dozen forums and trying to make sense of it all—not so much.

There's close to 150 items "in review". I'm curious as to what that means exactly, and how/when/if they'll transition into "in progress".  There's some good stuff "in review", but no way to tell what's going on with it.  Are we any closer to getting that 5150/5150II, Diezels, etc. that everyone over there keeps clamouring for? They're in review, but not in progress, so who knows? lol

Amps

Fender Hot Rod Deville (not blues version) <----Wondering why this one NEVER made the cut when tons of gigging musicians use it)

Carvin Legacy (and it's updated versions)

Hughes & Kettner Triamp MKII

Cornford RK100

Pre-Amps

ADA MP-1, MP-2

Engl E530

Marshall 9000

Marshall JMP-1

Peavey Rockmaster

Mesa Tri-Axis

• 1 month later...

I'm glad you guys are still optimistic about a wish list. All L6 seems to be doing now is tallying these requests for their next piece of hardware. Hell, we've practically done all their market research for them.

I'd love to see an update with some new stuff, but I'm not holding my breath. I've looked up some of the amps that have been suggested here. Several I hadn't heard of actually sound very cool. Excited to see what makes it into Pod HD2.

Hell, we've practically done all their market research for them.

Not all, but a decent-sized chunk, yeah. So thanks! :D Hopefully, most of you see that as a good thing.

Although IdeaScale is great for propagating (sometimes crazy) new ideas, it works best when validating—or on occasion, invalidating—existing ideas. If we can't predict a large majority of user feature and model requests, we're not doing our job. We're Line 6 customers as well, and want the same features you do.

But what's more difficult is figuring out whether feature A, B, or C is most important. Or rather, if feature A is soooo critical, its complexity and development time is worth kicking features B and C (and maybe D, E, F, and G!) out. IdeaScale will tell us that, which is awesome, because prioritizing features can be really difficult.

We also try to predict features none of you even know you want yet. Going through IdeaScale and saying "Done, Done, Done, Done, Done," may be satisfying, but it's not very fun. And it certainly doesn't make a successful company, at least not long-term. An extreme example: No one was asking for the iPod when Apple first announced it.

But I guess that doesn't answer your question. Is IdeaScale only for new products; that is, have we forgotten about POD HD? Nope.

An extreme example: No one was asking for the iPod when Apple first announced it.

Actually iPod was at least the 9th Mobile Digital Media Player to appear and like many other Apple products was 3 1/2 years after the true pioneers - companies such as Audible, Creative, Diamond, Archos, and others.  They then had the cheek to sue Cowon for "stealing" the "i-prefix" by using it on the iAUDIO CW100 (6GB) that was launched in October 2000 a whole 12 months before Apple launched the first iPod with only 5GB of memory.

So not the first, definitely not the best, but perhaps a bit more stylish, better advertised, and more pushy lawyers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_digital_media_player

Actually iPod was at least the 9th Mobile Digital Media Player to appear and like many other Apple products was 3 1/2 years after the true pioneers - companies such as Audible, Creative, Diamond, Archos, and others.  They then had the cheek to sue Cowon for "stealing" the "i-prefix" by using it on the iAUDIO CW100 (6GB) that was launched in October 2000 a whole 12 months before Apple launched the first iPod with only 5GB of memory.

Of course. The point is that Apple customers weren't screaming for a portable music player. If Apple only ever made products people expected them to make, and only added features people actively asked for, they'd be dead by now. Instead, they're one of the most successful companies in the world.

• Upvote 1

NucleusX, don't be a lollipop.  The man didn't draw any parallels, he just stated that they need to look at more than just user requests.  They need to be innovative.  I appreciate having DI post in these forums.  He has to walk a fine line.  Don't make his job any harder or Line6 may pull him out of here.

Amp/Cab :
1/ Real JCM 800 (1990)
2/ 4x12 Cab Brit V30
3/ 2003 Brit Gain J-2000
4/ Citrus D-30
5/ 2002 Mississipi Criminal (5150)

FX :
1/ Stereo Square Chorus

2/ Sine Chorus

3/ Killer Z

POD HD500X :
1/ keeps the initial position of Knob
2/ Can define the action of the volume pedal (for exemple amp drive + Volume like 1A preset)
3/ Usb detection Fix
4/ Input volume configuration, like Amplifi (I will wish controlling the impedance of the guitar eg -10 db <-0 -> + 10db.)

5/ if I do not use the Looper, to define an effect on the push button

6/ Correct hum to some amp that makes up too much in the bass and removes the clarity, such as Marshall simulations

7/ switch from one amp to another by pressing a switch (Off-> Amp A, On -> Amp B )

POD HD500X EDIT:
1/ All POD HD500X parameters
2/ Mic positioning
3/ Live Refresh Preset
4/ Windows 8 resize screen and/or full screen
5/ View all % parameters (Cab & Amp parameters) and some FX parameters (like Amplifi ;-))
6/ Fix the bug when the Wha was inserted and not save to POD HD500X
7/ Name or rename the patch, it's hard to find the exact position to be able to do
8/ Able to change the position of the effects from the list

9/ when you change the settings of controllers, if you touch the volume pedal setting disappears

10/ To put a delay between the two channels amp (ms)

11/ working with clear patch (submit a default configuration, exemple New Tone)

12/ Possibility of forgetting a change. Today we are obliged to quit HD EDIT to forget the changes or turn off HD500X (undo changes)

13/ Sort amps by type  like Amplifi

14/ In the selection of amps, preamps differentiate amps (two picklists)

15/ In the list of amps, start from the beginning, because the default is always on the preamp

True bypass to eliminate tone suck, a dedicated effects loop that doesn't use an FX block, Five patches per bank with a fifth on-off switch, a dedicated on-off switch for all eight FX blocks and a second expression pedal. 

You realize you asking for a new hardware model not an upgrade of the software right?

This thread is about new amps for the existing HD models.

-IR loader

-I would buy an amp pack or an effects pack (from old XT)

-Roland Jazz Chorus

-Orange and Peavey amps

- + Bass amps

IR Loader where can we store those IR:s?

I´m not sure it can be done with the existing Pod:s?

Maybe someone can explain how the Pod works.

But when you load IR on the computer you have a harddrive space where you store the IR and i dont think that is possible to create a "space"  where you can store IR on the Pod:s?

I'm happy with the amp choice on the HD500x, I would like to see a few more fx really, especially distortion models:

Marshall Guv'nor (the original 90s version)

A good Boss DS-1

Vox Satchurator

Decent Chorus (chorus on my GSP1101 is so much usable)

Maybe some kind of POG 1 or 2

A solid pitch shifter for dropping guitar to D or Eb, without latency!

And that Steve Vai 'Ballerina' pitch shift effect where each voice can be delayed as well as pitched

The main addition I'd really like to see is having the option to have xlr outputs running a cab simulation (e.g. going to mixing desk) while the 1/4 outputs don't run any sim (going to amp). That way I have the best of both worlds live. I appreciate this is probably impossible to implement in a firmware release but can only dream :-)