Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Distorted, Crackling And Cuted Output Sound From Line 6 Pod Studio Ux2

Dear community

I got a problem with my Line 6 POD Studio UX2, Win 7/x64 on my PC, the output sound from the ux2 device is horrible (monitors output and headphones output both of them) distorted as hell and cracked all the way. I tried everything, reinstalling drivers, reinstalling pod farm, updates, altering buffer size, bit rate, disabling sound card, disabling network card, different usb cables, different usb ports and all that stuff, i even installed the pod on a laptop and also sounds really bad. My speakers are not the problem since they work fine from the sound card output, (sounds bad with headphones too) also i tried different output jacks for my speakers (tried 3 of them but no luck) im buying new jacks today to see if that's the problem.

I just wanna record some music for my band i will appreciate your help.

Thanks

I was forgetting something. I also tried and recorded my guitar with the bad sound output just to test my sound card output, the thing is that after recording my guitar i plug my speakers in mi pc sound card and the recording sounds really great, the real problem hear is the monitor/headphone outputs, cause i cant hear what im recording with clarity, maybe there's a way setting up the output sound from my sound card while recording? that would be great i guess

What type of speakers/monitors do you have?

Selectron PC Speakers with a subwoofer, the input is a mini-jack so i need a bigger jack to attach it to end of the speakers cable in order to work in the pod cause the monitor and headphone outputs have bigger holes.

I was forgetting something. I also tried and recorded my guitar with the bad sound output just to test my sound card output, the thing is that after recording my guitar i plug my speakers in my pc sound card and the recording sounds really great, the real problem is the monitor/headphone outputs, cause i cant hear what im recording with clarity, maybe there's a way setting up the output sound from my sound card while recording? that would be great i guess

My guess is you have the Output of the UX2 to high while the volume of the PC Speakers are too low.

Try turning the speakers to ~75% or more with the UX2 Output very low and slowly increase the output.

I already tried messing up with the volumes but didn't work either but i ma keep trying, any other recommendations?

Thanks for replying

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

THE GOOD: 

I've been using my Line 6 UX2 device for that past 4 years. No problems at all. Thing was kick lollipop and recorded vocals and GTR's very well. 

THE BAD: 

All of the sudden For the past 2 month I have been experiencing this issue with distorted playback. Its very random no rhyme or reason why or when it happens. I could be going along just fine then all the sudden the sound takes a a lollipop and goes to hell. Squealing distorted noises fuzz that make me what to rip my ears off. I have tried EVERYTHING. I just dont get it. Very Frustrating when trying to be creative..

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: Problem Solved! Turns out that the problem was a "Grounding" issue. ALL power needs to be plugged in to the "same" power source. For Instance I have 2 standard battery backup power units. I had things just randomly plugged in to both power sources as I have an abundance of plugs that need power.This was never a problem. UNTIL I added (Powered) JBL Studio Monitors into my environment, that's when this annoying distorted whining sound started presenting itself randomly. Once I plugged ALL devices into the same power strip WhaaaaaLaaaaa Problem SOLVED. 3 months to figure that out. But so happy because once again my UX2 is flawless and kickin lolipops again. Thank you to line 6 support for troubleshooting this and suggesting I switch all my speakers/UX2/Computer and Monitors ALL be on 1 power source. 

Hope this helps someone else! Cheers

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey everybody! I am having a similar issue with a crackling noise when I try and record vocals this is the first time I've tried my hand at a home studio so any help would be appreciated.

I'm running a Shure Sm7b into a Cloudlifter that then runs into my UX2 through two XLR cables. I have a Mac Mini that's up to date with the latest software and El Capitan OS. Everything is brand new Ive tried switching out cables and Mics and the problem persists throughout. Everything is plugged into the same power strip. Super frustrating. Please help!

• 2 years later...