Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix envy

Varialogue1

I have a Helix on pre-order but I don't have any intention of selling my HD500X.  I still have my Vetta II Combo and a GuitarPort as well.  

With the price of Helix, I don't think you have to worry about everyone upgrading from the 500X or Firehawk.

The more people that tell me that I shouldn't be jealous of my richer neighbours the better. I bought the firehawk on the basis of its simplicity of use and I don't want my head turned. I just wouldn't like to think that the helix is a quantum leap in terms of sound. The other extra capabilities have no interest for me.

As soon as you buy the Helix, news of a Double Helix will leak, it will be bigger, better, faster, have more I/O, and remind you of your significant other's birthday.  Short teaser video's of the Double Helix will be seen on Facebook, and you will watch them over and over, late at night.  When you tire of those, you'll scour Google and YouTube for every available link to feed the Jones.....  You will come to realize that there really isn't anything good in search results on page 23 of a Google search, but you will do it anyway.

For me, there is plenty of good tone in my Firehawk and I'm still learning how to tweak it and streamline tone creation and curation.  Your results will likely vary.  

Good luck with the fever, none of us are immune!

JP