Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD X3 & POD Farm .l6t files.

cristofe

WOW!! My mind has been completely blown. I sold my PODXT and "upgraded" to an X3. Yes, there are some things I like about it. But the fact that it will not open MOST files in it's OWN NATIVE file extension .l6t is about the dumbest most frustrating bunch of BS I've ever encountered. After a lot of frustration and research I've come to find out that if an .l6t is opened/edited/save in POD Farm it is completely unusable in either Gear Box or the X3. It's going to take me weeks sift through the thousands of patches I've collected and created to find the few that still work. .....EPIC FAIL LINE 6!!  

AND as if that wasn't bad enough......I then find out that upgrading to WIN10 totally breaks the X3's ability to work with POD Farm in any way at all.

And it's not like the X3 ever really had a proper editor in the first place......but, of course, all of this typical of Line 6.

I honestly don't know why I bother with this stuff  anymore.

gearbox is the editor and it works fine, except for the built in player that stopped working...

make sure you completely upgrade both gearbox and the x3 firmware before you start sifting through the files...

only files from pod farm 2 will not work typically... anything from XT, and pod farm 1 should work.

gearbox is the editor and it works fine, except for the built in player that stopped working...

make sure you completely upgrade both gearbox and the x3 firmware before you start sifting through the files...

only files from pod farm 2 will not work typically... anything from XT, and pod farm 1 should work.

Yes, Gearbox does work.....BUT..It's not a DEDICATED X3 editor. Just tacking on X3 support and mothballing Line 6 Edit was a poor decision IMHO,(and many other users as well).

http://line6.com/supportarchive/thread/20704/

Compared to PodFarm, GearBox's GUI is rather clunky. Even the lowly Pocket Pod had it's OWN DEDICATED EDITOR. After doing a bit of research, I've found that I'm far from alone here. But lack of better editor is comparatively minor. Allowing a break of compatibility between X3, & PodFarm2, the inability to load SOME files with the EXACT same file extension is not only ridiculous it's irresponsible IMHO. I'm of course using the latest drivers and most recent,(i.e....quite old), version of Gear Box. I am now "sifting" through thousands of patches.....a total PITA and waste of time that should not have been necessary

Oh, and now that I've upgraded to Win10 I can't even use PodFarm1 with X3 as they do not work together under that OS.

That being said.....Line 6 makes some great products....I've been a user for decades. But this constant half-baked mentality off....well, it's good enough let's move on....is simply infuriating. I realize that new products need to be developed and released. I realize that no company can provide indefinite tech support for legacy products. But Line 6 really left users holding the bag on this one. PodFarm2 COULD have been properly coded to work with the X3. It STILL could be. There should also be SOME way to "fix" .l6t files that have been corrupted by PF2. And speaking of PF2....HOW old is it now?? You guys have been making some great leaps with the hardware.....but you've really dropped the ball with the software. 

the break in compatibility with pod farm 2... was more than just intentional... it actually was the entire point of pod farm 2

the x3 is limited in hardware...

and cannot do certain things.. like multiple delays for example....

sorry... i don't make the decisions... but to some degree i understand them...

like recycling gearbox as the editor was likely to save a small fortune and a ton of time since it already had all of the components... the x3 is basically like 2-xt's

a different file extension may sound like a good idea for pod farm 2... but then you break compatibility for people that upgraded from pod farm 1 (and some generally had zero concern for x3 compatibility)

anyway.... they arrived where they are at by a series of thought out compromises...

and sometimes those compromises are of limited resources... meaning they could have made everything great with unlimited cash and unlimited time.... but that's not the reality.

I get it.....but sometimes the line between reasons and excuses is finer than the line between art & garbage. :rolleyes: 

Any chance of THIS getting fixed?

This update adds support for Windows 10. 

Due to a driver incompatibility with Windows 10, the following devices will not operate with the POD Farm stand-alone application in ASIO host mode:

• PODxt series
  • PODX3 series
  • PODHD series

I've got some more news for you.....the latest drivers 4.2.7.4 also break the X3's ability to connect with POD Farm2 in Win7!!
Same as all drivers in Win10....the X3 is recognized in MIDI but no ASIO. Fortunately, rolling back to 4.2.7.1 fixes this in

Win7....but not in Win10.