Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DT50 : Loop Effect does disable preamp controls ?

mathojojo

Hello

I'm actually trying to use the SEND/RETURN option on my DT50 Head  with my BOSS GT-6. My goal is to use the GT-6 only for special effects (Preamp and distorsion/overdrive disabled), and keep the preamp stage og my DT50 Head active.

So I think with the 4 wires method we have :

GUITAR (output) -----> (Input) GT-6 (Send) ------> (Input) DT-50 (Send) ------> (Return) GT-6 (Output) -----> (Return) DT-50

It should insert the effect this way :

Guitar signal ----> DT50 Preamp ----> Effect ----> DT50 PowerAmp

But I noticed :

1-The Master Volume rotary has no effect on the volume

2-The Chanel Volume rotary has no effect on the volume

3-All Channel parameters rotary have no effect on the signal (DRIVE, BASS, MEDIUM,TREBBLE, PRESENCE, REVERB)

Is it normal, or am I missing something ?

This is a really bad news if it is the expected result as I would have like to keep the good sound of my DT-50 but just add some effect to it.

Thank you for your help.

Sounds like you just want to use the effects loop of the amp:

GUITAR (output) -----> (Front Input) DT-50 (Effects Loop Send) ------> (Guitar Input) GT-6 (Output) ------> (Effects Loop Return) DT-50

You can still put distortion effects, etc in front of the DT.

• 1 year later...

Hi, wondering if there was ever an answer to this. I'm having the same issue as described. Wanted to try the 4 cable method using my pod HD500x & DT50. Yes, I have been using it with the Link6 as intended but I wanted to try the amp direct with just using the effect loop. For some reason connecting the effect loop disables the amp dials...

Update: I decided to just try the effect loop. Plugged the HD500x send/receive to the DT25 112 receive/send, The moment I plugged the cable into the send, the amp sound went off but just a very faint noise...

I also own a DT50 212 and same behaviour on both amps.

Hopefully there's an answer somewhere.

Thanks