Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Preorder Pushed Back To 10/2/2015. Bummer.

Nimbas

You're all torturing yourselves. Even an ironclad guarantee for the first units' shipping date conveys little or nothing as to when a particular retailer will actually get them. There's even less of a guarantee for the turn around time to get them shipped out again to customers. Retail is a black hole...

• Upvote 1

Ya. They probably found out how many units they would get in the first shipment and you didn't make it. I am afraid that will be the case with me at Sweetwater because I just ordered recently. I am already going nuts with anticipation. I am also waiting to see someone make a road case for it. I don't think a bag will be practical at 14 pounds. I can't wait.

I am already going nuts with anticipation. I am also waiting to see someone make a road case for it. I don't think a bag will be practical at 14 pounds. I can't wait.

I am dying to get my hands on one too. I preordered right in the beginning so hopefully... soon...

I am looking at Rondo for a case for it.  I think this one should do the job nicely with room for expression pedals and extra gear.  Great price too.

http://www.rondomusic.com/product7519.html

I also hope more people go with Sweetwater than Musicians Friend.

The "gold coverage" warranty is better than anything SW can offer.... so SW gives you an extra year free but it doesn't compare and GC, MF sister company has the "pro coverage" same as gold coverage I was going to go with SW until I found out about that and got mine from GC.

FYI GC at one time had no "online site" I remember calling and asking and was told to goto MF because that was there site, now that GC has an online site and they can compete with themselves as well, It's pretty good marketing...  

The "gold coverage" warranty is better than anything SW can offer.... so SW gives you an extra year free but it doesn't compare and GC, MF sister company has the "pro coverage" same as gold coverage I was going to go with SW until I found out about that and got mine from GC.

FYI GC at one time had no "online site" I remember calling and asking and was told to goto MF because that was there site, now that GC has an online site and they can compete with themselves as well, It's pretty good marketing...

Sorry. This is not the place to debate store or sites. I will just add that I will *Never* buy from Musicians Friend again after all the issues I have had with them and if they honor their warranty. I will stick with larger family run sites like Sweetwater, Nstuff, or even Andertons if in Britian. GC is ok since you see what you are getting but the knowledge level varies widely from store to store.

I buy from both, yet a prefer MF over Sweetwater any day. Musician's Friend ALWAYS treats me right and gives me the absolute best discounts. No problems with returns either, like EVER (though I do not return much). They are very friendly people too.

At Sweetwater I have a rep, everyone does right?, except I can never reach him since he's always too busy. I usually end up talking to one of his helpers (a different one every time), so what's the point of having a rep? The only times I've spoken to him is when something needs to go through him and him alone. That's about it. And their discounts don't even compare to the ones I get at MF. I only buy from Sweetwater when MF doesn't carry an item. YMMV.

Sorry. This is not the place to debate store or sites. I will just add that I will *Never* buy from Musicians Friend again after all the issues I have had with them and if they honor their warranty. I will stick with larger family run sites like Sweetwater, Nstuff, or even Andertons if in Britian. GC is ok since you see what you are getting but the knowledge level varies widely from store to store.

Sorry about your experience but really you have 45 days to either keep what you got or send it back (really no excuse for being dis-satisfied) and I have had to use the warranty a few times for my church on a couple of Gem Sound amps (cheap I know but work just the same) and it was one that went out and MF gave us the money back and we got another and after a year had to do that one again so I got another and a new warranty and that has been about 8 or 9 years ago and out of the 2 amps one has never had a hiccup and since the last time on the other that's been about 6 or 7 years really can't beat that for amps that were only $99... I would buy another in a second if they still had them and I needed one. So, as was pointed out buy someone else here "when a drunk spills his drink on the stage and your Helix you are out of luck"..... see if you can use your warranty at SW for that, you can if you have the Gold Coverage from MF.

So, as was pointed out buy someone else here "when a drunk spills his drink on the stage and your Helix you are out of luck"..... see if you can use your warranty at SW for that, you can if you have the Gold Coverage from MF.

Extended warranties are the biggest scam in the world. All they're doing is monetizing "peace of mind", and playing on the fear that your shiny new toy might get a boo-boo. I've been gigging for 20+ years...never had anything destroyed by a spectator, let alone by a few ounces of beer. Yet people line up to pay an extra 10,15, or 20% more for an item just in case they happen to get struck by lightning on the way back to their car.

Wow, if you're that worried about spillage, wrap it in plastic wrap, cling wrap, Saran Wrap, whatever you wanna call it before the gig...  You can still work the foot switches...  or maybe work on your right cross and your drop kick  :D

Extended warranties are the biggest scam in the world. All they're doing is monetizing "peace of mind", and playing on the fear that your shiny new toy might get a boo-boo. I've been gigging for 20+ years...never had anything destroyed by a spectator, let alone by a few ounces of beer. Yet people line up to pay an extra 10,15, or 20% more for an item just in case they happen to get struck by lightning on the way back to their car.

I agree.Next part goes out o the music stores.

So do you actually believe the product you're selling has such a large chance of failing that I need to take out extra insurance? Really? Then why are you selling it?

I don't think that is the case. I think it's like you said. It's peace of mind. Everyone has had equipment fail on them. But it doesn't happen often enough to buy extra "insurance" every time you buy something. It sure is nice having that peace of mind. But in the long run. They take in way more money than they give out.

I had a beriginger mixer sx2442fx with 3yr extended warranty from GC and it was 3 yrs and 11 months old and 1 of the fx channels had a little fizzle that was slightly audible and the 8 segment display would go out on 2 segments and you could tap it with your finger and it would lite up and stop the scratchy fizzle sound and yes they gave back the $500.00 I paid for it and I put that towards my Line 6 M20D mixer. not that I am worried about a drunk and his beer but I have got caught in a rain storm loading and unloading equipment and that would be bad to have to replace a piece of expensive equipment if it was damaged and I don't get the warranty on everything but the high dollar stuff and some I have covered with state farm and it covers all that and theft as well... now am I going to hit it with a hammer just so I can return it ....NO. But piece of mind is worth something on some things.