Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Weird Sound Issue

Pubba50

Heya guys! :)

I just got my HD500 today and am loving it so far! I hook up straight to the mixer-no issues there. It must be a preset thing but when I start to play the volume increases for 1 second. Say i'm doing a bend to start, it sounds quiet then it goes to normal volume in a second. Like a delayed sound. It sounds annoying any ideas what this could be? Im thinking maybe a compressor or noise gate thing. Cheers! :) I'm using the "left mono inbalanced output" with a lead to the mixer. Sound is great but it sounds like a settings or connection issue if it's not meant to be.

It would help to add more details, like which outputs you are using, whether it happens when connecting to an amp, or using headphones, different guitar, etc...

Ok thanks-don't have the liberties of an amp alternative but I can try another guitar and headphones. Thanks

Hmmm yeah. Still have to try XLR outputs. I've tried a blank patch yeah same thing. I actually noticed lastnight it seems a signal issue. When i'm already playing it doesn't happen. When I first hit the strings there's definitely a split second of sound lag as it picks up the signal. I bought it 2nd hand-the guy seemed pretty genuine so i wouldn't propose he knew about it. Probably didn't notice. It's quite frustrating. It's just slow to pick up the first signal of sound. May just ring Line 6 about it. Cheers mate.