Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can M9 control other MIDI pedals

seibertdr

I have a M9 that I used mostly for modulation some other effects. I also have a TC Electronic Nova drive that has a MIDI input. Can I use the M9 to change the presets on the Nova drive? Because of the layout, they are hard to reach to change the presets. If it can, how would iIsetup the MIDI changes. Thx,

I have a M9 that I used mostly for modulation some other effects. I also have a TC Electronic Nova drive that has a MIDI input. Can I use the M9 to change the presets on the Nova drive? Because of the layout, they are hard to reach to change the presets. If it can, how would iIsetup the MIDI changes. Thx,

The Midi out on the M series pedals is crippled. It's only real use is for dumping your data out of the pedal.

Why they did not implement a a proper midi out/thru on these is unknown and quite a shame...

You can always get a separate midi controller, and an external midi merge box and control both units via the stand alone controller. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Set each preset you want to use on the Nova to different MIDI channels.

What the M series can do is send a channel change signal, but it can only do one channel per scene.

On "scene setup" the lower right is MIDI channel number. When you select this scene, that channel number gets triggered by the Line6. 

So if scene1 is set for MIDI channel 1, and 2 for 2 etc, then your Nova has a sound programmed and saved to MIDI channel 1 and another to channel 2, then when you hit the footswitch to change to scene1, your Nova will do the program you set to MIDI channel 1, and when you go to scene 2, the Nova will do the program you set to channel 2 etc.