Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500: How do I get sound to come out of computer speakers?

Laznip

How do I get my sound to come out of my computer speakers? I have my POD HD500 plugged in to my computer through USB and through one of the outputs (one end is an instrument cable for the pod, and the other end is a headphone/aux cable for the computer). I've tried messing with the sound settings on my computer, but I don't hear anything when I play. I've seen this done before, so I know it's possible. I don't even think I need a USB for it, but I've tried it without one as well. Please help.

When connected via USB your Pod HD500 becomes your computer's soundcard. Use the HD500 audio outputs with your external computer speakers, or connect headphones to the HD500.

If you do not have external speakers and are forced to use, for instance, your laptop's internal speakers you can do that by disconnecting your HD500 USB and routing the HD500 headphone output to your laptop's mic/line input. The sound quality will be greatly diminished - much like listening to your high-end home theater surround sound system using the earbuds you bought for $2 on your last plane trip.

• Upvote 1

When connected via USB your Pod HD500 becomes your computer's soundcard. Use the HD500 audio outputs with your external computer speakers, or connect headphones to the HD500.

If you do not have external speakers and are forced to use, for instance, your laptop's internal speakers you can do that by disconnecting your HD500 USB and routing the HD500 headphone output to your laptop's mic/line input. The sound quality will be greatly diminished - much like listening to your high-end home theater surround sound system using the earbuds you bought for $2 on your last plane trip.

im using my desktop's internal speakers. i have the output connected to the mic input, but i still cant hear anything. the usb isnt plugged in anymore. my computer's sound works, i just cant hear the pod. all the volumes are up