Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix and an acoustic?

Tailstop

I have a stellar Axefx rig. I adore it tremendously and have found it to be awesome with an acoustic guitar. Has Line6 thought acoustic applications with the Helix yet? Are there any acoustic models that come stock? Or maybe is it just assumed that acoustic players can get the Helix and just find ways to make it work?

Thanks!

Good question. I would love to know as well

Look, since at least last decade piezo equipped solid bodies are very popular and I can't really see reflection of this in modelers. It could be a big selling point to have some sort of API or Nave pre models in Helix for that use, or clean pre + mic models already built in to Helix

Big acoustic support is something that never happened before - go L6 team ; )

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I currently have acoustic IRs I use with my Axefx... They sound pretty killer and I can adjust the amount of that IR I use. A lot of people don't use IRs with the Axefx tho. They might just add a little compression or an EQ ...

Watching the tutorials of the Helix and reading the material I keep seeing people say that it's for "electric guitars and electric basses". I am primarily an acoustic player and I love effects and expressing n pedals. I just need to hear from someone that acoustic-electrics are possible with the Helix, and if not I should probably stop drooling over this thing!

I was thinking that I could just us an LR Baggs DI after the helix as well.

Any further ideas or notes of wisdom is appreciated!

I would imagine you will be able to do some stellar cool things on acoustic with Helix. The normal processing + you could add a microphone to a second signal path. Make your piezo pickup go through one set of effects, make the mic in front of the acoustic do something different.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to the IR functionality of the Helix as well!  Have any of you guys found a good source of acoustic guitar IRs?  I've searched around the www and haven't really found a whole lot to speak of.  I know the IRs that the AxeFX uses are in a specific format for that platform, but they have to come from somewhere...