Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Who makes replacement pickguards for JTV?

I have seen some people talking about pimping out their JTVs. I wanna put a cream pearloid scratch plate on my JTV 69 HSS.

I found this Full Compass site that has some on there but they won't ship it to me in Australia. Grrrrr

http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/268483-Line-6-30-27-0380-6

Does anyone else know of anybody who makes them? Thanks guys.

I remember one of the original JTV69 owners when they were first launched reported on the old forum that he had found a company that would cut a custom scratch plate for him - all he needed to do was to send them a tracing of his original scratch plate and they said they would produce a new one.  I seem to remember that he had done that and that therefore they had the JTV69 template and could therefore produce others for other JTV69 owners as and when requested.

I think the company was Greasy Groove - www.greaseygroove.com

If you click on their PICKGUARD menu option it states there that they will cut a new pickguard from a tracing of your own one.  But it may be worth contacting them to see if they still have the template for the JTV69 custom pick guard requested a couple of years back.

Yeah I have seen a couple of places online that do cut custom pickguards. I was hoping to not have to send a tracing so this might be good. The only thing is that my JTV69 is HSS. But I will get in touch with greasy groove. Thanks.

I remember one of the original JTV69 owners when they were first launched reported on the old forum that he had found a company that would cut a custom scratch plate for him - all he needed to do was to send them a tracing of his original scratch plate and they said they would produce a new one.  I seem to remember that he had done that and that therefore they had the JTV69 template and could therefore produce others for other JTV69 owners as and when requested.

I think the company was Greasy Groove - www.greaseygroove.com

If you click on their PICKGUARD menu option it states there that they will cut a new pickguard from a tracing of your own one.  But it may be worth contacting them to see if they still have the template for the JTV69 custom pick guard requested a couple of years back.

After looking over my emails I noticed that I had already emailed Greasygroove but they have not responded to my email. hmmm....

Rather than going through the dramas of pulling off my pickguard, tracing it and sending it to america I'm wondering if anyone wants to go middleman on this for me?

It seems this item already exists http://www.fullcompa...-6-30-27-0380-6 and it'd be great if I could just get it sent over rather than getting something custom made up but they won't ship to Australia (I even bugged them and asked pretty please).

I'd be happy to pay someone via paypal to order/purchase the item and then forward it over to me here in Australia. I'd really appreciate the help. Any takers? Thanks in advance guys. Ant.

After looking over my emails I noticed that I had already emailed Greasygroove but they have not responded to my email. hmmm....

Rather than going through the dramas of pulling off my pickguard, tracing it and sending it to america I'm wondering if anyone wants to go middleman on this for me?

It seems this item already exists http://www.fullcompa...-6-30-27-0380-6 and it'd be great if I could just get it sent over rather than getting something custom made up but they won't ship to Australia (I even bugged them and asked pretty please).

I'd be happy to pay someone via paypal to order/purchase the item and then forward it over to me here in Australia. I'd really appreciate the help. Any takers? Thanks in advance guys. Ant.

Sorry I can't help - I am based in the UK.

Good news!! I just heard back from Greasygroove and they do in fact have a dimension file for the JTV69 HSS. Woohoo. Now I can place an order and I should have my sexy new cream pearloid pickguard for my JTV69 HSS.

Anyone else keen on blinging out their JTV69 you can check them out here: http://www.greasygroove.com/

• Upvote 1