Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Some questions....!

FarleyUK

Hi all,

I have to say, I'll be replacing my G System with the Helix, and I am STUPIDLY excited about it :)

I've been looking through some threads, but just have some questions that I couldn't see answered anywhere (so apologies if I missed them!). These all relate to the floor version:

1. Can the Helix be mounted to a board within a flight case? I.e. does it have screw holes for bolts in it's 'feet'?

2. Is there an expression pedal built in? I can see what looks like one on the right side of the board, but it's not clear

3. Will you still need to balance input and output gain when using the 4 cable method? It will be used purely for the FX, and not any modelling (going into an AFD100 and / or JVM410HJS)

Thanks all!

Hi all,

I have to say, I'll be replacing my G System with the Helix, and I am STUPIDLY excited about it :)

I've been looking through some threads, but just have some questions that I couldn't see answered anywhere (so apologies if I missed them!). These all relate to the floor version:

1. Can the Helix be mounted to a board within a flight case? I.e. does it have screw holes for bolts in it's 'feet'?

2. Is there an expression pedal built in? I can see what looks like one on the right side of the board, but it's not clear

3. Will you still need to balance input and output gain when using the 4 cable method? It will be used purely for the FX, and not any modelling (going into an AFD100 and / or JVM410HJS)

Thanks all!

1. There are rubber feet held on with screws on the bottom. I haven't really looked too closely at removing them, but I imagine you could. I don't know that I would try to secure it to a board using screws. I would probably look at either velcro or the 3M dual lock stuff. I'm not sure what Line 6's official advice is as far as mounting it to a board.

2. Yep, there's an expression pedal - a very nice one, actually. Also, there's two jacks for hooking up additional external pedals.

3. I haven't had to mess with levels when using the 4CM. It's very easy. That's not to say it's out of the realm of possibility depending on the amp you're hooking up to. Because there's a lot of variation in the way amps handle effects loops, I'd say you kind of have to approach the 4CM on a case per case basis.

1. There are rubber feet held on with screws on the bottom. I haven't really looked too closely at removing them, but I imagine you could. I don't know that I would try to secure it to a board using screws. I would probably look at either velcro or the 3M dual lock stuff. I'm not sure what Line 6's official advice is as far as mounting it to a board.

2. Yep, there's an expression pedal - a very nice one, actually. Also, there's two jacks for hooking up additional external pedals.

3. I haven't had to mess with levels when using the 4CM. It's very easy. That's not to say it's out of the realm of possibility depending on the amp you're hooking up to. Because there's a lot of variation in the way amps handle effects loops, I'd say you kind of have to approach the 4CM on a case per case basis.

You, sir, are a legend.

THank you very much for the prompt reply. Now just have to wait to hopefully pick one up on the 25th.....!

One other question - will the 4CM need TS or TRS cables from the floor version...?

I've just used TS cables. I don't believe the sends and returns on the Helix are balanced, so using a TRS cables won't be of any benefit.

• Upvote 1