Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500X Compatability

djams957

A couple years ago I bought a Peavey AT-200 Autotune.  I used it with my POD HD500 and after just a few minutes the electronic features of the guitar stopped working (I mean no signal at all when features were engaged).  I sent the guitar back and got another thinking maybe it was bad out the box.  I called Peavey and was told there should be no compatibility issues with the POD.  I got the new one, plugged it directly in to an amp to start with and everything was fine.  Ran it through my POD and the same failure occurred.  Sent the ax back for a refund.  

Now I'm thinking of getting the Variax JVT-69.  Before I do I thought I'd throw it out here to see if anybody has had any issues or some advice on what to be alert to.  Since both products come from Line 6 I am not anticipating a problem but need some reassurance.

Any comments?

Djams

That's the million dollar question (or the several hundred dollar question). Why would the Peavey not work with the POD. Any ideas? Is it possible that whatever caused the Peavey to fail could cause the Variax to fail? I don't know to much about sampling instruments.