Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G55 and XDV-75

Hello,

I already have a G55 for Guitars and a XDV-75 for the Voice,

Now I would like to add two more XDV-75, one for the trumpet and one for sax.

The question is, you can link them in daisy-chain all four using only two antennas ? I had already done only with the G55 and the XDV-75, can I do it with 4 units ?

Another question: Since the receivers are in a rack, can I put the two antennas that I will use on a stand using a Pair of LMR-195 antenna extension cables ( 15 Foot, although I would be enough 6-foot ) ?

Thank you very much,
Tobia

I'm pretty sure you can daisy chain a few XDV-75's and have the G55 at the end and be good.  As for antenna extension, the shorter the better; i'll leave the 'can it be done' to the people more experienced people, though.  

Hello,

well, we are using 4 XD-V75, 2 have the antenna and 2 are daisy-chain, all of them are in RF2 mode, but we have some drop out and we stand very near to our receivers,

( 2 meters ) .. 

It's better if we use them in RF1 mode ? 

Another question, do the smart phone ( iphone or other ) can create interference with receivers, since all the people is connected to internet ? 

Thank you very much,

Tobia

Hello,

well, we are using 4 XD-V75, 2 have the antenna and 2 are daisy-chain, all of them are in RF2 mode, but we have some drop out and we stand very near to our receivers,

( 2 meters ) .. 

It's better if we use them in RF1 mode ? 

RF1 mode is always preferable unless you have complete control over all transmissions in your vicinity and need to be able to leave free space for a controlled wifi channel.

Another question, do the smart phone ( iphone or other ) can create interference with receivers, since all the people is connected to internet ? 

Anything that transmits (even on a different frequency) has the potential to cause problems. Keep phones well away from the receivers.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I still have some problems of loosing connection with my XD-V75, especially with the one associated to the microphone,

all of my 4 XD-V75 are in RF2 mode .... In the same rack there are also 4 Sennheiser transmitter for in-ear monitor, but these are not digital, they work in UHF, 

maybe this can cause some problem ?

here you can see a picture of my rack :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15792848/IMG_0740.jpg

thank you,

Tobia

Hello, I still have some problems of loosing connection with my XD-V75, especially with the one associated to the microphone,

all of my 4 XD-V75 are in RF2 mode .... In the same rack there are also 4 Sennheiser transmitter for in-ear monitor, but these are not digital, they work in UHF, 

maybe this can cause some problem ?

here you can see a picture of my rack :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15792848/IMG_0740.jpg

thank you,

Tobia

Try setting them all to RF1 mode; it's more forgiving. Also, make sure you're holding the handheld mic higher on the neck and not at the very bottom.  I sometimes get dropouts when people hold it at the bottom; I'm guessing that's where the antenna is.

the antennas are 2, in one XD-V75 there are antennas and this is connected daisy-chain with the other one, the same thing for the other 2 XD-V75 .. 2 antennas and 4 Xd-V75, they are inside the rack, since are on the back of the receiver ..

Having transmitters and receivers (with their associated antennae) together in the same rack like that isn't generally a good idea. Even though they're on different frequency ranges, the transmitters can cause a phenomenon called desense in the receivers - in simple terms, the inputs of the receivers get swamped and so their ability to pick up lower strength signals is significantly decreased. Try splitting the transmitters and receivers in to separate racks and keep some physical distance between them - I bet you'll see improved performance.

Ok, thank you !! ....

do you think this problem between the transmitters and receivers can exist even if not used the in ear monitor ? I ask this because the other night we did not use the headphones, but the transmitters were still turned on .... Sennheiser also do not have attacked the antennas to the transmitter, but have a paddle antenna mounted on a mic stand ( that the other night was not connected since we did not used headphones ) ..  in rack there is also an amplifier for the antennae ( like you can see in the picture ) ..

another question: could improve reception and therefore eliminate these drop out problems using a P180 Antenna ?
Thank you so much, you are very kind and professional, have a good day
  • Downvote 1