Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd300 Volume Changes While Performing - Many Thanks

tomhyzy

This question is already answered on the prior archived forums and I can't figure out how to post there.  I had been experiencing sudden volume fluctuations while using my HD300 in a live setting, and could not figure out what was happening - I thought I had a defective unit. 

Via a Google search, I found this on the old forums, posted by both Crusty Old Rocker, with the same information also posted by Spaceatl:

"Try this, rotate all your pots fully a dozen times, do this every now and then to keep them clear of any muck that might be getting in there.  You will also notice that there is like a null area on each pot near zero and 100 percent.  Once you have your settings assigned to your patches and don't need to make any adjustments while playing, you can "park" the knobs in that null area where they won't deliver a value change due to vibration."

I'm testing this solution now, but I'm fairly certain this is the issue.  I am re-posting it on this new forum so that any searches for similar problems might come up   I hope that re-posting the properly quoted content above isn't a problem for the original answer poster.  I hope this helps others.

- Tom Hyzy

• Upvote 1

I used to have this problem specially when I palm muted

1-first I have to recommend u to update ur pod hd300 flash memory firmware to version 2 , if it is already re-install it , wont hurt

2-2nd What ur experiencing might be the act of The pod hd300 sound normalizer , which means ur channel is too loud and it reduces the volume to prevent amp overloads , so the solution is decreasing ur channel volume and increasing the overall (output) volume from the back of ur HD300 , this way u can both have a loud and un-normalized sound which is cool right

sorry for being so thorough but I wanted to explain completely so u could solve ur problem without any trouble if possible

so what u have to do is :

before anything update ur firmware , then if it didnt work lower the channel volume

Hope this helps u with ur problem

cheers mate \m/

kick some lollipop and raise hell \m/

An update following a full-volume gig this past weekend:

I "parked" all of the HD300 analog dials at zero during the gig, and did not experience any volume fluctuation at all.  This pretty much seals it for me, the issue was overall vibration "jittering" the dials, causing the unit to think I was changing settings.  By parking the dials at zero (after previously setting and saving each patch), this problem is now solved.

Once again, thanks to Crusty Old Rocker and Spaceatl for posting this solution on the old forums.

- Tom Hyzy

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...