Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix manual

sturge

Why is Line6 soon horrible with these kind of things. We are now a month out from shipping dates and still no manual for us to atlast look at. I know already what will be said, we are still working on the final touches of the firmware that will be released and therefore adjustment will need to made to the manual, Blah Blah Blah. Look at it from the buyers point, You want me to put out 1500 dollars and yet I really have no in depth idea on the unit itself (with the exception of the brief few videos on the net). Just about any other piece of gear I buy I look through the manual first to make sure it has what I want and can do what I am planning. How hard is it to just release it.

Why is Line6 soon horrible with these kind of things. We are now a month out from shipping dates and still no manual for us to atlast look at. I know already what will be said, we are still working on the final touches of the firmware that will be released and therefore adjustment will need to made to the manual, Blah Blah Blah. Look at it from the buyers point, You want me to put out 1500 dollars and yet I really have no in depth idea on the unit itself (with the exception of the brief few videos on the net). Just about any other piece of gear I buy I look through the manual first to make sure it has what I want and can do what I am planning. How hard is it to just release it.

While I agree that in the past, Line 6 has been really bad at expectation management, I think they are much better at it now.

I don't see the problem. I would not expect the manual to be ready until the product is released. You can read the manual before you buy the product, it just means you may not be able to buy the product on day 1 if that is what you want. Yes, we all want to read the manual now the product is announced, but I don't see how you can say Line 6 is doing a bad job, just because they are going to release the manual at the same time as the product. From the buyers point of view, no, they don't expect you to outlay $1500 without knowing what something can do. Wait until you've read the manual. Line 6 will not mind if they get their cash 1 month later.

Also be aware that early adopters often have to deal with things not working 100% as intended, including physical faults, so if you're really keen to get it day 1, just be aware that you may have some additional frustrations coming.

Also be aware that early adopters often have to deal with things not working 100% as intended, including physical faults, so if you're really keen to get it day 1, just be aware that you may have some additional frustrations coming.

Yea, this is one of the main reasons I am not getting it launch, or pre-order.  I am probably going to wait until Spring to get it.  That allows L6 to get a nice grip on all the launch issues that may show up.

Well, from this buyer's point of view, I'd prefer that they wait until the last second to release this stuff.  It means they'll be able to cram every last feature and bug fix they can into the product before it's shipped.  And I love that they are talking about it before it's shipped because, basically, having read many of the threads here and at TGP, I already know what's going into the product and how to use it...

I'm pretty sure that when you're be able to buy the product, you'll be able to read the manual....

patience young grasshoppers. the manual and helix are coming.... but its best that they both match up.... so let them finish them both up together as intended.

when these start landing in people's hands... there will be no shortage of information!