Somes questions about Variax

Hello All

i'm interesting for a Variax Standard , Maybe i get one, but need somes informations about it.

1 - I have a Pod Hd Bean, is that enough, because I see always that de HD 500 is using with it ?

2- Is it possible with the workbench to customize a Drop C and A ?

3- What about hard metal like Hardcore and very loud metal play? is this guitar good enough?

4 -Is there any usb connection to connect it on PC ? I see just a dvi? is there a dvi to usb adaptor?

Thank for your help

Cheers

PB

t_l_chargement_1.jpg

1 - I have a Pod Hd Bean, is that enough, because I see always that de HD 500 is using with it ?

You can use it with whatever you want - obviously the user friendliness is increased when it's paired with a Pod of some description - HD or otherwise.

2- Is it possible with the workbench to customize a Drop C and A ?

Like all variaxes it does alternate tunings albeit with SOME limitations. I know some users when using a lot of drop tunings, they physically tune to say a drop D, and then modify within Workbench to make it Drop (X), and good results are reported. An example is Stevic from Twelve Foot Ninja (check em out on youtube for reference sounds. He is using a custom made guitar nowadays, with Variax guts onboard, but he used to use an 89F before this. Variax Standard is the same sound wise (modelling), but obviously has single coil magnetic pickups as well, which would be less useful for heavy metal and the like.

- not live sound unfortunately, but good live vid of 12 Foot Ninja

3- What about hard metal like Hardcore and very loud metal play? is this guitar good enough?

Modelling wise - of course - for Djent playing, maybe not so - maybe try it in a store before you buy to see if it's good for your particular style. I' say the 89 or 89F would be better for your purposes, as the stock mag pickups would be better suited to Djenty stuff. Others would be better positioned to comment - I like and use a Strat style variax transplant, and don't play much in the way of real heavy stuff. Having said that, I'm loving learning some Clutch right now for a new band....

4 -Is there any usb connection to connect it on PC ? I see just a dvi? is there a dvi to usb adaptor?

Connect to PC/Mac via your Pod HD. Variax via VDI to Pod - USB from Pod to computer.