Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Stagesource as both guitar and vocal monitor?

Hey everybody,

I was wondering if the Stagesource speaker can be used as both vocal monitor (via the Monitor out from any Mixer) and as a guitar monitor with a Pod connected via the Line6 Link?

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Markus

Hey everybody,

I was wondering if the Stagesource speaker can be used as both vocal monitor (via the Monitor out from any Mixer) and as a guitar monitor with a Pod connected via the Line6 Link?

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Markus

Yes; I just tested:  all the XLR input connections still function on my L2t when also receiving L6Link audio. Works with both the line in on the back panel and the XLR ins on the side panel; so it would work for both 't' series and 'm' series.

Assuming the gain levels and eq are set up properly on the mixer, and the signal strength is correct, should be good to go! The main advantage of using an L2t or L3t is that you would have your own control of the volume of the side panel XLR input with the vocals, independent of the master volume control. IE, get your guitar signal the way you want it, then slowly roll up the vocal monitor level until they are balanced.

This is a great idea! Thanks for posting this! Gives me some cool ideas for my own rig.

Lately I have been working on a lighter 'sans amp' rig, doing patches to run direct, in tandem with just the L2t as a floor monitor. I can feed my monitor mix into the side panel, and keep the L2 linked to the HD500... Gonna try this with the M20d actually - using the non-Link 'monitor out' analog XLR to the L2, and I will do a real test with vocal mic, will report back if anything goes awry..