Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV-69s on Sale at Musician's Friend for Labor Day

Just a head's up for people in the U.S. who are interested in a JTV-69, either black or red.

Black and Candy Apple Red JTV-69s are currently on sale for $599.99

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/line-6-jtv-69-variax-electric-guitar?pfm=rv

If you CALL (phone) Musician's Friend you can also take advantage of their Labor Day 15% off (for items over $249) [through September 7th]

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/labor-day-coupon?icid=209066

I already own a JTV-69, but was able to pick up a backup for $510 total including shipping.

If you CALL (phone) Musician's Friend you can also take advantage of their Labor Day 15% off (for items over $249) [through September 7th]

I already own a JTV-69, but was able to pick up a backup for $510 total including shipping.

How did that work... did you twist the guys arm?  Line 6 is an excluded product from the sale.  If all I need to do is call and they'll automatically honor the request for $510 its soooo tempting..... even if MF does sell other dealers rejects.  ;) keeding (hmmmmm)

How did that work... did you twist the guys arm?  Line 6 is an excluded product from the sale.  If all I need to do is call and they'll automatically honor the request for $510 its soooo tempting..... even if MF does sell other dealers rejects.  ;) keeding (hmmmmm)

Just call/phone the 800 number and say you want to purchase the item ONLY if you can apply the Memorial Day discount.

If you try to add the promo code via the internet it says it doesn't apply, but they will give it to you if you call them on the phone.

I have used this strategy to bypass promo restrictions for years now on all types of products.  They want to make the sale.

Just call/phone the 800 number and say you want to purchase the item ONLY if you can apply the Memorial Day discount.

If you try to add the promo code via the internet it says it doesn't apply, but they will give it to you if you call them on the phone.

I have used this strategy to bypass promo restrictions for years now on all types of products.  They want to make the sale.

Good one, thanks.  :) 

Update:  All of the black and Candy Apple Red JTV-69s have been sold/ordered.  I guess they had a limited number of them.

yeah I waited to long. thought it was good through the 7th but no. was gonna buy on saturday but they were no longer available. 

just as well perhaps....needed another guitar like a hole in the head

yeah I waited to long. thought it was good through the 7th but no. was gonna buy on saturday but they were no longer available.

just as well perhaps....needed another guitar like a hole in the head

Look at it this way...you saved yourself the price of the axe, plus the extra $300 you would have been giving to Warmoth to replace the dreadful neck. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a head's up for people in the U.S. who are interested in a JTV-69, either black or red.

Black and Candy Apple Red JTV-69s are currently on sale for $599.99

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/line-6-jtv-69-variax-electric-guitar?pfm=rv

Ok I understand the offer is over but to help me look out for something like this how did they have them at a price of $600 before the 15% labor day discount?

Also if I can't get a mega bargain like this in the next few months maybe I should wait for the next gen variax ... they are due for an electronic update soon is this correct?

Ok I understand the offer is over but to help me look out for something like this how did they have them at a price of $600 before the 15% labor day discount?

Also if I can't get a mega bargain like this in the next few months maybe I should wait for the next gen variax ... they are due for an electronic update soon is this correct?

I assume Musician's Friend had already ordered these JTVs and for whatever reason discounted the red and black versions.

Given Line 6 was purchased by Yamaha, and given Line 6 has released the Variax Standard (Variax guts in Yamaha made guitar), I don't think there will be any new JTV models released.

The Variax standard is already less expensive than the JTVs were, $799 retail.

http://line6.com/variax-modeling-guitars/variax-standard/

Guitar Center and Musician's Friend usually have sales around each holiday, so if you can wait  Musician's Friend will probably run a 15% off sale at Thanksgiving.

• 3 weeks later...

I received a call from Musician's Friend about the JTV-69 in Candy Apple Red that I ordered during the last Musician's Friend Labor Day sale.

They informed me they were canceling the order because Line 6 has discontinued the item.

I suspect production on the JTV line has stopped, and ALL of the JTVs out in the world are the final ones.

Therefore, if you were ever interested in a JTV, better buy one of the few around -- eBay has a few new ones and B-stock listed.

I received a call from Musician's Friend about the JTV-69 in Candy Apple Red that I ordered during the last Musician's Friend Thanksgiving sale.

They informed me they were canceling the order because Line 6 has discontinued the item.

I suspect production on the JTV line has stopped, and ALL of the JTVs out in the world are the final ones.

Therefore, if you were ever interested in a JTV, better buy one of the few around -- eBay has a few new ones and B-stock listed.

Not at all surprising. The real bummer is that you can't put a Strat neck on the Standards. I'd have to go to the guy who built my custom axe and have him build me a playable neck...it'll cost me considerably more than a Warmoth. Oh well...at least the axe itself is cheaper than the JTVs.

I received a call from Musician's Friend about the JTV-69 in Candy Apple Red that I ordered during the last Musician's Friend Thanksgiving sale.

Let me get this straight.  You've had a guitar languishing on backorder for almost a year?  I envy your patience. 

I seriously doubt that the JTV models are out of production.

I heard from somebody who should be in the know (no incriminating hints) who said that JTV was out of production and that all that is available is residual stock.  

If so then I am a bit disappointed because the Standard that I tried is nothing compared to my 69 - as to be expected for the cheaper cost price.  No hints at all about a higher-end replacement, so get a JTV while you can.

I just checked Sweetwater and they have plenty of JTV's. Several of almost every model. No mention of closeouts. The discounted red model may not be available anymore but I think it's too soon to say that JTV's are out of production.

Doesn't make sense to continue to produce the 3 JTV models, plus the Standards. Now they may or may not be gone YET, but their days are definitely numbered.

It's a niche product to begin with. 4 different models means 4x the production costs. Tool the factory for one thing, and crank them out...it's all about money.

All the JTV models I can see on sale in the UK are all at "new lower price" around £650 and labelled "while stocks last".    The Standard is about £470 over here.

The JTV is a bargain at that price - so if you want a backup or want one for the first time now is the time to jump in.   No idea how much stock is left but once it's all gone I doubt there will be any more new ones - it will just be the "used" market if you want one.

All the JTV models I can see on sale in the UK are all at "new lower price" around £650 and labelled "while stocks last". The Standard is about £470 over here.

The JTV is a bargain at that price - so if you want a backup or want one for the first time now is the time to jump in. No idea how much stock is left but once it's all gone I doubt there will be any more new ones - it will just be the "used" market if you want one.

I'm surprised the new ones are still that much for you guys across the pond. With today's exchange rate, that's just under $1000...there have been a couple of places letting them go for $800 or less over here.

There's just nothing inspiring about the Standards...it oozes "cheap", imho. If my JTV craps out, I'll either end up buying a used JTV, or a new Standard, consider it a $700 electronics purchase, canibalize it, and retrofit one of my Strats.

• Upvote 2

Remember our prices include 20% VAT.    So the new price without tax is about £540.

Some places are letting them go cheaper than that over here - I have seen an ex-demo JTV59 offer for £570 including the 20% VAT - so that's about £480 without tax.

And of course - the base price is always higher over here anyway  ...        :)

I think maybe there was some comedy of errors happening. Line 6 got scammed by some guy who bought some $25 guitars from a dollar store then marked them up to a $100 and passed them off to Line 6 as his own design genius and then Line 6 thought they'd have a good scam at selling $100 guitars for $1500. Look.... only a deranged monkey on junk could design necks so bad. :)

Remember our prices include 20% VAT. So the new price without tax is about £540.

Some places are letting them go cheaper than that over here - I have seen an ex-demo JTV59 offer for £570 including the 20% VAT - so that's about £480 without tax.

And of course - the base price is always higher over here anyway ... :)

Ahh yes...the VAT tax. I hadn't considered that. And I was face to face with it in Scotland a couple of months ago...how quickly we forget, lol.

Too bad if true -- I love my 69S -- have the shoreline gold - it's a beauty. To me, the Standard just looks.... standard.... Don't care for the looks of the Standard compared to mine at all. I also have a TSB 59.

It is troubling, though. When I took a look at the Sweetwater gallery pic's of the JTV's they have on hand, I saw no SN newer than 2014...., saw 2012, 2013, and 2014... Don't like the implications of that. Anyone from L6 want to chime in here?

Dave

It is troubling, though. When I took a look at the Sweetwater gallery pic's of the JTV's they have on hand, I saw no SN newer than 2014...., saw 2012, 2013, and 2014... Don't like the implications of that. Anyone from L6 want to chime in here?

Dave

Assuming the first four numbers of the Serial number represent YYMM, the year and month of manufacture, I see that only Variax standards have 2015 manufacture dates.

I think they build the JTV's in batches since the sales volumes are very low.  They may just have plenty on hand still from the last build in 2014.

Line 6 has a .pdf Variax Comparison Chart -- http://line6.com/variax-modeling-guitars/resources/

which lists the models and colors now available.

For JTV-69, they only list Lake Placid Blue

For JTV-69S they list 3-tone Sunburst, Black, and Olympic White