Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Two quick questions about POD HD EDIT

Veech

Hi Folks,

Just got my Pod HD (bean) and HD Edit software set up and am having a blast tweaking and exploring. Overall the best bang for buck unit in my studio. I have two questions:

1) is there an "undo changes" option anywhere on the HD or in the Edit screen? Sometimes I make a string of tweaks then decide I want to go back 3 or 4 steps, is this possible? Or is shutting it down and restarting/reloading all patches, going back to square one, the only way?

2) Has anyone succeeded in getting a dual-amp tone by using drag and drop? If so, would you list the steps? I did it once but neglected to write down the steps and now can't repeat the process.

Thanks

1. No, there is no undo. But yes, there are ways to undo. 

Nothing is permanent until you send or receive. While there is no way to go back a couple steps, you can go back to the starting point.

Click RECEIVE. This will give the last saved version. 

2. I am not sure that there are 'quick start' guides to make any tone. But there are manuals that give some basics of how to use your unit. 

Answer is irrelevant after you edited your post, and your new version has been answered further down. 

You will find the templates a big help. For high gain stuff I was using a similar EQ chain and made a template (basically a generic patch). Clean and semi clean too. If you find a tone you like save it and rename then tweak away.

........... and once in a while copy everything over to a flash drive. Had a hard drive die and took everything with it a few years back.

Thank you all for your help. I am obviously still learning. I easily created my own user patch with two amp heads and only got bogged down when I realized that the combination of effects is literally infinite.

2) I think you may be referring to drag&drop an amp block from one path in a preset to the other path to make a dual path preset with a copy of the amp settings. There is no capability to do this, either in HD Edit or on the device itself.

Here's what I did as I recall: I opened a patch from "Best of HD" setlist, say "Uber Wet". In the chain at the top right I dragged the amp to the top of the rectangle creating an opening for a second amp to be added and opening an Amp B window. Then I dragged another patch over, say "P75 Crunch" and dropped in to the Amp B window and it popped right in, creating a dual-amp sound.-- edit -- maybe I drug the patch up to the "blank" second amp icon?

I recall clicking on each patch individually listening to their individual sounds then clicking on the dual-amp sound and marveling at how much better it sounded than either of the two by themselves. In fact, I had a tech on the phone with me at the time and commented how easy it was to create a dual-amp patch using drag and drop.

I haven't been able to duplicate this since then, in fact all I end up doing is messing up my settings. I've had to reload the flash memory more than once to get back to the original settings.

Was that one time a fluke, a glitch? Or am I missing a step in recreating it? Put another way, can two single amp pre-sets be used to create a dual-amp patch via drag-and-drop?

Thanks

........ Then I dragged another patch over, say "P75 Crunch" and dropped in to the Amp B window and it popped right in, creating a dual-amp sound.-- edit -- maybe I drug the patch up to the "blank" second amp icon?

Was that one time a fluke, a glitch? ......

I've never before heard of anyone creating a dual amp patch in this way. I believe it was a fluke, or perhaps a case of mis-remembering what actually happened? If you are ever able to reproduce this reliably please let us know. It would be great to be able to do that.

• Upvote 1

I've never before heard of anyone creating a dual amp patch in this way. I believe it was a fluke, or perhaps a case of mis-remembering what actually happened? If you are ever able to reproduce this reliably please let us know. It would be great to be able to do that.

ok, after trying everything I can think of I am not able to recreate what happened. Dang. However I will keep trying and if it happens again I will report back.