Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Two questions (live edit mode & patch / pedal assignment)

mikedub

Hi, I’m new here so please forgive me if the answers to these two questions are obvious... I have searched through the forum / google and can't find anything on these subjects so here goes;

Firstly, in live edit mode, is it possible to edit the amp volume parameter? – the only parameters I get the option to edit when I press footswitch A (AMP) are ‘Amp model’ and ‘Presence’.

(With new gear we all inevitably decide mid-song, at a gig, that whatever sound we may be using is too loud or too quiet.  Therefore, it would be great to be able to set the amp volume mid song, save it and progress happy in the knowledge that our current sound is at a good volume relative to all our other patches – I’m assuming here that amp volume is the best way to level your sounds path to patch).

This is also assuming that the strange sounds / lag between patch issues are ever resolved and I end up in a situation where I can use this thing live PLEASE RELEASE AN UPDATE TO RESOLVE THIS LINE 6 :)

Secondly, is there a way to / is it possible to assign saved tones to the top row of footswitches FS1 – FS5 as patches rather than use them to switch individual stomps on and off?  effectively giving me the option to have 9 pre-set patches per bank?

I know some people may not see a reason to use the Firehawk in this way but for me it would be useful as I have previously used a POD XT Live with a behringer foot controller that had 10 pre-set patches per bank and im not the biggest fan of change.

Thanks for any help in advance

Mike :D

1.) The amp volume parameter can be adjusted by tapping the big knob until the led light ring turns pink and then adjusting the volume to suit (from memory, I believe the different colours are red = master volume, pink = amp volume, white = input/guitar volume)

2.) You cannot currently do this

Thanks, i'll i'll try adjusting the pink volume on the big knob and see what happens.

I think it would be usefull to be able to adjust a patch volume with your feet mid song.  Maybe both the above points could be considered by Line 6 for a firmware update :)