Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Quiet B String on JTV-69S

Just been playing my JTV-69S for the first time in a few weeks and I've noticed a big difference in volume on the B string, if I switch the guitar to conventional mag pickups the problem goes away. So I assume it's a problem with the piezo pickup on the bridge.

So is this likely to be a fault with the stringing of the guitar or a fault with piezo so on the bridge or something else...thoughts/advice much appreciated

Thanks

Just been playing my JTV-69S for the first time in a few weeks and I've noticed a big difference in volume on the B string, if I switch the guitar to conventional mag pickups the problem goes away. So I assume it's a problem with the piezo pickup on the bridge.

So is this likely to be a fault with the stringing of the guitar or a fault with piezo so on the bridge or something else...thoughts/advice much appreciated

Thanks

It's got nothing to do with the strings themselves. Piezo outputs vary, sometimes by a lot. The model in question will play a part also. The Strat model will often suffer from this, simply because it's modeling a type of guitar that often suffers from the same issue.

String volumes are easily adjusted in Workbench, however. It's an easy fix.

If it changed after a string change, then something has changed about the contact with the piezo.  Try moving that string around to make sure it has nothing between it and the piezo.  It's also possible that that piezo lost it's ground through the bridge / string since there is no real ground wire. (Bad design!!!!!)

Thanks for the replies:

I don't think it's anything to do with the guitar model as the quiet B string is quiet which ever guitar model is in use, good suggestion for the workaround. This does seem to be a recent change to the guitar, I'll have play around with repositioning the B string on the bridge and see what effect that might have...will let you know how I get on

Cheers!