Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Win10 UX2 4.2.7.6 silent driver crash

Hello,

Since my issue seems to be specific to me I'll open a new thread.

I'm having issues with the driver crashing while playing video games. I don't know why, and it didn't happen in windows 8 hence why I'm turning to you guys.

The spec is windows 10, driver version 4.2.7.6 on the UX2.

The problem appears like this. If I play spotify I can do this for hours. I intentionally left it open for many hours once just to test. Lo and behold it was still playing after a good nights sleep. I open a game and play for X amount of time, usually ranging from a mere 5 minutes to 1 hour the driver stops working. Everything goes silent except for this very silent pulse of sound that comes from my balanced speakers every 1-2 seconds. The way I fix it temporarily is by disconnecting the usb cable and reconnecting it. Of course, crashing drivers often also crashes the game I am playing. And it doesn't happen at specific events in the game or anything (such as many sounds being played at once). It just seems to be random.

The same issue can be reproduced by just using the UX2 just as a mic input. After a while it hangs and output from the UX2 locks at a specific level. While I do this my creative usb soundcard is the sound output and it works without issues. Even though there seems to be a constant input signal according to windows, the signal does not carry into the application I use. It's just "stuck". I use the mic for communication in game so to those that listen to me it sounds like I just stopped talking for a while. The game does not freeze during this, nor does any voice communication software halt.

I tried reinstalling the driver, and backing down in version is a no go as this is the only one that supports windows 10.

Am I missing something or should I wait for the almighty coders of line 6 to come out with a new driver?