Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Nice gesture to Customer

josephyballew

It would be nice to know what amp models and effects will come next. When you start working on new models and effect post coming soon. I understand  people vote and you take ideals from there. As soon as you choose what you are working on post it as coming soon. Please do a Friedman BBE 100 Model soon.

• Upvote 2

While it may seem logical to us to think they could just tell us what they are working on, look at it from their point of view....

The reason they are working on stuff and it's not included now is that it's not working now.  There is no guarantee that it will work to their satisfaction.  In the end, they may scrap whatever it is they are working on and move on to something else.

So... until what they are working on is finished and ready for release, they are not going to tell us what they are working on because the last thing they want is to engender all the negative hype they will get for not releasing what they "promised" would be released, and then don't.

I think there are also legal reasons involved as well, but I don't know what they are.

So, while I agree with you it would be nice, "It ain't gonna happen"... Sorry

P.S. DI has said something similar to this many times.  'Tis logical, and I believe him and understand their point of view

While it may seem logical to us to think they could just tell us what they are working on, look at it from their point of view....

The reason they are working on stuff and it's not included now is that it's not working now. There is no guarantee that it will work to their satisfaction. In the end, they may scrap whatever it is they are working on and move on to something else.

So... until what they are working on is finished and ready for release, they are not going to tell us what they are working on because the last thing they want is to engender all the negative hype they will get for not releasing what they "promised" would be released, and then don't.

I think there are also legal reasons involved as well, but I don't know what they are.

So, while I agree with you it would be nice, "It ain't gonna happen"... Sorry

P.S. DI has said something similar to this many times. 'Tis logical, and I believe him and understand their point of view

You are entirely correct...but it's a tough concept to sell in an instant gratification society. Wildly unrealistic demands and expectations are the new "normal".

in all likeliness, the next amp being modeled... would be the one with the highest votes on ideascale for all to see...

will it be the next released? will it come in a pack after they finish 10 or 15? will it be free?

... it's really all a wait n see..

but the clues are on ideascale.

in all likeliness, the next amp being modeled... would be the one with the highest votes on ideascale for all to see...

will it be the next released? will it come in a pack after they finish 10 or 15? will it be free?

... it's really all a wait n see..

but the clues are on ideascale.

The bad thing about this is that most people put ten models down to model and there may be one or two that most like, but see the one that they want and vote for it. I think the rules need to change to one amp model at a time or one effect unit at a time per submission. I have voted on several that had 10 amp models in it, but really maybe wanted two out of 10. This would be better for Line 6 and people wanting certain amps. I voted for 10 Fender amps and you really have enough Fender amps, except for the newer higher gain ones. I would be satisfied, with just 4 more at the moment. Friedman BE 100, Mesa mkV, Bogner Estasy and Suhr PT100. If I could only have one, then it would be the Friedman.

• Downvote 1