Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DT25 no sound issue

Netfly

Hi guys, my DT25 doesn't work for a while. No repair shop near where I live and to much expensive to send it for repair in Europe or US.

Well, there is no sound from it and when I power off the amp (standby on or off) there is a loud  whistle. Apparently, both fuses are fine and tubes too. I'm thinking about a transformer and/or capacitor issue. Someone can try to help me figure out the issue?

If I can't get it working soon, I'll have to sell it for parts.

Here is a video showing the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdaK_AC-1Oo

Welcome to the power transformer issue. :(

Line 6 will send the parts to an authorized repair center and will pay for the repair. BUT...you'll have to get it to an authorized repair center, and from your post, it sounds like you are nowhere near one.

DT25 doesn't have the transformer issue of the DT50 series. Completely different transformer. If you've verified by replacement that all tubes and fuses are good, then you have a different issue than the transformer replacement bulletin that was posted years ago. (Bulletin 59?)

Not saying it is or isn't the transformer, but you can't claim it's the same issue from the DT50's years ago that warranted free repair. Haven't encountered this problem, so I'm sorry I can't help more.

Sending it to an authorized repair center will cost me nearly the price of a new head... It's not possible to find parts on the internet?  :unsure:

Stumblin man is right, TSB 059 (the transformer issue) was the DT50s.  

When you were clicking through the voices, was that sound coming through the speaker at all?  Does hum or buzz come through the speaker?  My guess is that if anything at all comes through the speaker, you might not have a bad xformer.  Could be your output board or just about anything.  Speaker wire?

You don't want to go out buying parts based on a guess and find out that wasn't your problem.  This amp needs to be worked on by a VERY GOOD line 6 tech.  You probably should send it in to Line 6.  I believe that if you bought it second hand you still have the manufacturer's warranty for up to 1 year from the date of purchase--unless you bought it "used" from a dealer (a weird exception, that).  But you should do this even if you don't have a warranty.  While it's not inexpensive, getting it repaired is still far less than the cost of a brand new head, even with shipping.

Hi all,

First, Line6 support told me they don't sell parts. Need to send the head to authorized center.

mtreehugger, this is what happen. No sound at all, even changing voices, no hum no buzz. Only this odd scream like a pig when turn the amp off (sandby or not standby).

I live in French Guiana (french territory in south america). I purchased this head from Thomann.de more than 3 years ago. The head is not under warranty anymore. If I send the head to France or Germany, the fret cost will be around 450 or 500 euros to send it and support send it back to me. I'll have to pay for repair too. So, it's not a good business to spend all this money when a new head will cost around 750 euros.

If I have to buy a new amp, I'll not go with Line6 anymore. I already had issue with my HD500 (it was not recognizing the DT25 when I purchased it) but it was actually under warranty. My DT25 is not working for several months.

• 5 months later...

DT amps are junk. Have the same problem without  the weird noise you do.  Amp is less than 2 yrs.  Bought new from GC. Amp was treated with TLC too,  Taking the amp to an authorized repair center to see if it is a tube issue. I hope that's what issue is. If not, I am cutting my losses and never buy Line 6 gear again.