Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix - Connecting to Cyrus Streamline

rdysan

Hi there,

Apologies if this is a really dumb question but I wonder if someone can help me out. I currently have a Helix on order and want to know how best I can connect it to my current hi-fi system. I would have used a fairly simple phono input if it wasn’t for the fact that my equipment doesn’t have that (it’s a Cyrus Streamline v2).  Rear connections are two TosLink optical digital inputs, three coaxial digital inputs and an MC-BUS In/Out.

What would be the best way to connect the Helix to the Cyrus, so I can use the speakers attached to the Cyrus to listen to the Helix output.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Cheers….Rod

As duncann said - the S/PDIF inputs connect to the Helix S/PDIF output would be the way to go:

Technical Information

The Streamlineâ‚‚ is compatible with UPNP and DNLA products.

As with all of our products, the Streamlineâ‚‚ can be connected to our other units via our unique MC-BUS connectivity.

Inputs - 2 x Optical, 3 x SPDIF, 1 x USB and 1 x RS232

File compatibility - WAV, FLAC, ALAC, AAC, MP3, WMA, AIFF

Sample rate compatibility - high resolution 24-bit/192kHz

Outputs - 1 x SPDIF

I don't think the VDI would work, that's for a Variax. One way would be connecting an effects loop send on Helix to Firehawk's guitar input and the 1/4" outputs (left and right) on Firehawk to two effects loop returns on Helix. I'm assuming the effects loops jacks on Helix are TS and not TRS.

Hi Duncann,

I don't think the cable I mean is the Variax one, it's connectors look different.  It looks like it's an XLR, rather than a shielded RJ45

L6 LINKâ„¢ is a powerful proprietary connection developed by Line 6 to enable easy one-cable connectivity between a variety of Line 6 products. It passes both audio and control data via a single cable connection, and the resulting operation allows users to receive many incredible advantages.