Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Well, it's September finally - ETA?

Nimbas

The powers that be wouldn't commit to a release date the first thousand times the question was asked. Smart money says you're not gonna get an answer this time either. On the plus side, if you keep asking once a day, eventually someone will chime in with, "I got mine today". Then we'll all know they've started shipping.

Sweetwater emailed my early last week and said it was pushed back to 10/02, but DI has said numerous times that until Line6 changes the date they expect to ship by end of summer (which is Sept 23 @3:21am, but who's counting!)

Technically this is correct.... and better than October :lol:  

Sweetwater emailed my early last week and said it was pushed back to 10/02, but DI has said numerous times that until Line6 changes the date they expect to ship by end of summer (which is Sept 23 @3:21am, but who's counting!)

But what he has never said is:  ship to whom?  You and I, or the retailers, or some distribution facility, or what?

The only thing we've heard so far is that no one, including DI, knows.  And in my experience, when no one knows, that means it's late.

But what he has never said is:  ship to whom?  You and I, or the retailers, or some distribution facility, or what?

The only thing we've heard so far is that no one, including DI, knows.  And in my experience, when no one knows, that means it's late.

Usually, but there isn't anything any of us can do but wait.  I seriously lack in the patience department, but i've just accepted that it'll get to me when it gets to me and not a moment sooner and it's that makes it a bit easier to wait!  

• Upvote 1

The powers that be wouldn't commit to a release date the first thousand times the question was asked. Smart money says you're not gonna get an answer this time either. On the plus side, if you keep asking once a day, eventually someone will chime in with, "I got mine today". Then we'll all know they've started shipping.

When did you order yours from Sweetwater?

They called me and told me as well. One thing to keep in mind is that its only a 9 day delay of the dates holds true. I wondered if they might do a limited releasw on the 23rd of say 100 units. If no big issues pop up then a big release the next week.

I'm thinking Tuesday, November 10th would be a smart official release date, two weeks before Black Friday (USA). A lot of big consumer products get released that week. However, most of those release dates have already been announced by now. It's curious why Line6 has been dragging their heels on this.

I'm thinking Tuesday, November 10th would be a smart official release date, two weeks before Black Friday (USA). A lot of big consumer products get released that week. However, most of those release dates have already been announced by now. It's curious why Line6 has been dragging their heels on this.

Dragging their heels on what? Nothing has changed.

they are probably more anxious to release it than you are to get it.

Judging by the incessant cries of "when, when, when? !?!?!", and blind guessing based on little more than promises from some retailer (which are generally worthless), I'm not sure that's possible. My 6 year old is less impatient on Christmas Eve...

The really short answer is Line 6 says they're still on track basically to have the units ready to ship to dealers let's say by the end of September/early October. So right now, barring unforseen delays, you could expect if you're in the first lot of shipments from retailers to receive your Helix by mid Octoberish.

All subject to change and delay at any friggin time, ok? ;-)

The really short answer is Line 6 says they're still on track basically to have the units ready to ship to dealers let's say by the end of September/early October. So right now, barring unforseen delays, you could expect if you're in the first lot of shipments from retailers to receive your Helix by mid Octoberish.

All subject to change and delay at any friggin time, ok? ;-)

People say lots of things. Take it all with a giant mound of salt.

Let's suppose that there was some unforseen delay, totally unavoidable, and not the fault of anyone at L6. Why would they announce it, inviting criticism and endless whining? There's no upside to doing that. It's a lose-lose proposition...which is why you'll never get anything but vague estimates like "the end of the summer", which could have about six different definitions, depending on who you are and where you're standing.

This giant game of Internet telephone is hilarious though..."I heard", "this guy said", "I'm thinking it'll be released on International Street Sweepers Day because that's when the moon opposes Neptune, and everybody knows that's a good time for selling electronic devices and the planting of asparagus".

Keep it commin'!!! ;)

People say lots of things. Take it all with a giant mound of salt.

Let's suppose that there was some unforseen delay, totally unavoidable, and not the fault of anyone at L6. Why would they announce it, inviting criticism and endless whining? There's no upside to doing that. It's a lose-lose proposition...which is why you'll never get anything but vague estimates like "the end of the summer", which could have about six different definitions, depending on who you are and where you're standing.

This giant game of Internet telephone is hilarious though..."I heard", "this guy said", "I'm thinking it'll be released on International Street Sweepers Day because that's when the moon opposes Neptune, and everybody knows that's a good time for selling electronic devices and the planting of asparagus".

Keep it commin'!!! ;)

Hell with a few grains of salt, I qualified it 4 different ways and threw the whole lost shaker of salt at ya!

I got email from my tech at sweetwater stating it would be November on my unit, that after ordering early and being told I was on first shipment, !!!!

I haven't heard anything yet from Sweetwater about the delay. And I ordered mine back in June. So I've still got my fingers crossed that I may have one in my hands this month. :)

One of the ways I learned patience is by following Line 6 "release dates" for whatever. From softwarre to hardware.  I'm learning it now. I am a Line 6 boy from the XT series and nothing I've gotten has not worked from day 1 and reliably. 10 things so far. However I have just sent back my second JTV-89 (to Sweetwater). I have made three payments and still have no guitar. I know when I get one that works, it will be reliable. But for now. I gotsa ta wait. No idea when they will get a new shipment in. They have no more. That's what I'm waiting for. In regards to the Helix, this is typical behavior for Line 6 and the Line 6 rumor machine. I am so looking forward to both things. But Whad am I gonna do? It'll come when it comes. Still I have fun conjecturing. I'm human. But...I do hate waiting.

While I understand delays and such, I am starting to think offering preorders is a bad idea. It only angers people when it keeps getting pushed back. Granted, in this case, Line 6 is not backing off their responses to customers. The anger will come when the vendors are correct. Most of the time the vendors are spot on. When Sweetwater or others offer to refund your payment and charge you when it ships instead then obviously they have been told something. I do not know if the comment about Fractal making more updates before this is released has validity since we have no idea how well helix will perform yet.

My Fractal comment was more an observation about how fast technology moves. What was cutting edge months ago when they first announced the Helix is now outdated technology. Even the processors they chose for the unit will be relatively antiquated by the time they get this out for shipment. Seems like they were able to get working final version units into the hands of several music stores to make demo vids with...and now we're being told that it might still be November before any customers can get one. When Samsung starts talking about the latest Galaxy mobile device...it's in the stores a month later, BEFORE the technology in it is already "old". That's what I was trying to say about the Helix.
It looked truly groundbreaking to me back at the beginning of June and got me so excited that I pre-ordered it. Was told at the time that it would probably be in within 4 weeks...which seemed about the "norm" when I have preordered stuff in the past from other companies. Now it's 4 months later and maybe 2 more months to go! That will be 6 months. That's like 6 years in the ever changing world of technology. Yamaha needs to step it up and get these things built and shipped ASAP before another company comes out with the next big thing.​​

While I understand delays and such, I am starting to think offering preorders is a bad idea. It only angers people when it keeps getting pushed back.

True, but that assumes that a retailer's goal involves something other than money. Sadly, it does not. A sale is a sale, and the sooner they get it, the better.

Step 1: Give a concocted estimate for delivery. Accuracy not required.

Step 2: Run the card.

Step 3: When that day comes and goes with no product, craft an excuse which sounds sympathetic and contains just enough plausible deniability to pacify an irritated customer.

Step 4: Chuckle quietly to self while cashing commissions check.