Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Farm VST does not process in stereo

Hi all,

Creating a thread for this since I don't see it anywhere.  My problem is that I want to record two dry guitar tracks and pan them left and right, so I can use my POD farm vst and tweak the settings to get a nice sound.  However, when I put the two tracks through the plugin it comes out mono, not stereo :(  is there a way around this? I don't want to have to put the guitar tracks on two separate channels and have an instance of POD farm for each of them, and have to tweak both plugins, etc.  Please help!!!!

2 different guitar tracks? or do you just want to record your one track in stereo?

the source is mono... and it would probably be easier to just copy the recording to another track if you want to do separate processing.

not sure exactly why you have pod farm involved at all at the recording stage if you're just trying to capture dry tracks....

It sounds like you want to use two inputs (L + R) and send to PF, and get two outputs (L + R), each with the separate guitar on it?  Can't do that as the PF input is mono - it's summing the L+ R inputs to one.   You would need to run each guitar on a separate track with a separate instance of PF running on it.

Hi all,

Creating a thread for this since I don't see it anywhere.  My problem is that I want to record two dry guitar tracks and pan them left and right, so I can use my POD farm vst and tweak the settings to get a nice sound.  However, when I put the two tracks through the plugin it comes out mono, not stereo :(  is there a way around this? I don't want to have to put the guitar tracks on two separate channels and have an instance of POD farm for each of them, and have to tweak both plugins, etc.  Please help!!!!

you don't mention what DAW you are using, but in Reaper, you can select the plug-in on one track, copy it (with its settngs), then add that to a different track with 2 clicks.  Change one?  Then just copy it to the second track, deleting hte first instance of the plugin on that one.