Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Acoustic Guitar / HD500

airguitargb

Hi

Looking for a bit of advice or some tips on my query please.

I use and HD500 connected via 4CM to a Marshall JVM 215c combo.

The majority of my gig requirements are for electric guitar and this works fine for me.

I then DI from amp to desk

For several acoustic songs I plug direct into the Aux input on the HD500 and use some delay and chorus.

The positive of this set up is its easy and only requires one channel on the desk.

The negative is that I here the acoustic via the Marshall amp behind me which sounds crap as you would expect.

I am trying to work out a way I could still use the effects of the HD for acoustic but cut out the sound from Marshall and use monitor only for acoustic.

Any ideas welcome

Thanks

The easy way (if you run mono) is to assign a left signal and right signal and then mute the one that goes to the marshall. --- or turn it down significantly. so that you can  still hear it but its ugly sound isn't so overpowering. 

The next easy way is to start running direct from pod (which you do) and then just get used to the fact that the onstage sound may not always be the best but it sounds awesome to the paying customers. 

I am also wondering if you, instead of running stereo... 

Use the fxloop. Send the acoustic sound to the fx in, and mute the volume of what goes into the standard input - perhaps with the volume pedal. 

Perhaps someone with fx loop experience could weigh in on if that will work.