Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 + Yamaha =?

taylorbeats

They say: "Drawing from Yamaha's popular THR series amps comes the THR100H Dual guitar amplifier modeling head." So apparently they disavow any knowledge of Line 6, but why would that be the case? Do they continue to employ full and separate product development teams? And here's the question that's likely on everyone's mind: What if this baby uses Helix technology?

Hmmmmmm. I think that once people start trying these products, it'll all come out in the wash, and the DT will still be the best tone machine.

As far as I know, Line 6 and Yamaha haven't really collaborated on anything from an R&D perspective yet. The Variax Standard was really taking Line 6 technology and putting into a Yamaha guitar, so not really a true collaboration. I don't even know if Yamaha has MI R&D based in the US. I know the guy who works for them who has been commenting over on TGP is based out of the UK.

• 1 month later...

Actually, being the guy who works on guitars here, I can say that the Variax Standard

is a true collaboration,... details of which I won't go into.

As far the the THR amps,... Yamaha has been doing their Modeling for some time now,

as in their grand piano with modeling capability, which has been around for several years. 

And there have been a number of people over the last 12-15 years in the modeling world,

who have been into working on modeling of vacuum tubes and tube amps. Some of them

are half decent renditions. Though I haven't heard the THR yet.