Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Unable to assign Wah to foot controllers. Please help

Atomant669

Help, i have gotten my POD HD 500X for almost a year now but it seems that I can never seen to assign the wah to the foot controller through EDIT software. I'm sorry to say the the manual isn't very helpful and rather confusing. 

Whenever I try to assign the wah to FS8. The light doesn't come on. and it seems that only FS1 and FS2 is on all the time which has been assigned to Noise Gate and Screamer. 

I know I must be missing something. Someone please help? 

Next up ---- 

Using EDIT goto the Controllers tab. 

That is where you assign footswitches. 

Question - 

Why are you trying to assign a wah to an on/off switch instead of the exp pedal? 

There are reasons why one would do this, but I am curious if yours is one of them. 

Oh thanks a lot pianoguy. I have found the answers in the pilot's manual. 

And to answer your question as to why assign a wah to an on/off switch instead of the exp pedal I have no clue at all. Can you even assign an on/off switch using the EXP pedal? All I know is that you can switch between exp1 and exp2 with the expression pedal. 

When you switch from pedal 1 to 2, it is the same as turning it on and off. 

So, if you have the wah on exp2, when you have on exp 1, the wah is off. Changing to exp2 would turn it on. 

One of the reasons someone may use a footswitch instead of the exp pedal would be --- 

let's say you didn't want to chic-chica-chicah, but you wanted to use the effect as an eq at a certain frequency. you assign the value and then on/off it. Which works nicer than trying to kick on exp2 and then find that perfect frequency. 

The  exp pedal can do anything. 

I have a couple patches where I can increase the amount of gain. Instead of having a clean and dirty sound, I have all points in between. 

Real-time pitch shifting. 

Volume control, I think is a no brainer. But instead of using a separate block as a volume pedal you assign the exp pedal to the amp volume. 

Panning. Not just left and right. But panning between your clean and dirty amps. 

If the Pod can do it. The exp pedal can control it. 

AND, what is different about the exp pedal is that it can control numerous things at the same time. 

I have one where the pitch goes up while the volume goes down. 

...Volume control, I think is a no brainer. But instead of using a separate block as a volume pedal you assign the exp pedal to the amp volume. 

Panning. Not just left and right. But panning between your clean and dirty amps. 

I want to start using the Exp pedal as you describe for changing between clean/dirty, or adding delay feedback, etc.. but I disable it's volume control because too many things happen on our stage that can catch the pedal and make it go to zero, which always sounds bad.