Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Best cable for Line 6 link between HD500x and DT25

patrick2099

I saw some older posts talking about various cables for the Line 6 link.  I was wondering if there was any newer info on this.  I am currently using a cheap Hosa EBU-010 AES/EBU Digital Audio Cable.  I don't have any problems with it, but every time I look at how thin it is, I wonder if using something higher end, such as Mogami Gold AES would work better.  Anyone try some of the various higher end cables?  Thanks.

There really is no difference in how they work since its a digital signal, it either passes or it doesn't.  Not like an audio signal that can be slightly degraded or not fully passed.  The main differences you should look for are in build quality which may affect durability rather than signal quality.

+1

Or use this one 

http://www.amazon.com/Mogami-Digital-Audio-Neutrik-Connectors/dp/B00X72C2X6/ref=sr_1_3?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1442246699&sr=1-3&keywords=AES%2FEBU+Digital+Audio+Cable

15 Foot Mogami 3080 AES/EBU Digital Audio Cable with Neutrik Gold XLR Connectors

81zsC40D03L._SL1500_.jpg

61g32MORnPL._SL1500_.jpg

the Hosa EBU-010 AES/EBU

Digital Audio Cable will do.

Both hold to the 110-Ohm, AES/EBU Standard for that kind of cable.