Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Expression Pedals

lordalladin

I have a POD HD and the line 6 pedal has about a 1/4" of travel before it starts working. Would this still be an issue with the Helix?

FWIW  - the Roland EV-5 with TRS cable connection to HD500X works immediately and smoothly

Many "poo-poo" the EV-5 - but mines been flawless for 19 years ( got it for my 1996 Boss GT-5)

and Dweezil loves them

1432406281_1049512123_IMG_10621.JPG

1430362792_1773100619_IMG_1050.JPG

• Upvote 1

FWIW  - the Roland EV-5 with TRS cable connection to HD500X works immediately and smoothly

Many "poo-poo" the EV-5 - but mines been flawless for 19 years ( got it for my 1996 Boss GT-5)

and Dweezil loves them

Nice setup! I mounted my HD500 in a box top like that along with my aging Crate Powerblocks so minus the cabs everything was in one spot.

I just bought the Line 6 pedal and their support said that little bit of travel before it kicks in was normal. I am ordering an EV-5 now!

• 2 years later...

I use a "insert" cable (TRS -> 2-TS)  coupled (with a stereo TRS coupler) to my EV-5. I plug in the "tip" TS cable into my Helix (and the "ring" TS cable end is not plugged in). It works great!

(I'm using the "insert" cable to bypass the ring connection—I could rewire the pedal so it is TS only).

If I plug the pedal in normally, the volume (or other parameter) works correctly from "heel down" to mid-pedal. Then the volume (parameter) start to decrease until it is off at "toe down". It's an interesting effect, but I don't want that behavior. I just use my adapter "system" instead of rewiring the pedal.