Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

L2M vs L2T for a dream rig setup

I am envisioning using an L2M along with my POD HD via Line6 Link and my JTV59 via VDI cable, effectively needing only two cables for three pieces.  I could play all my patches, acoustic or electric into this one FRFR system and that's that, or am I missing something there?  Additionally, I'd like to be able to hook up a keyboard output to the L2M, or would I absolutely need the L2T with it's mixer for that?

You would not need the L2t for the keyboard. You could use the Line inputs on the rear panel of the L2m.

Just two observations:

- the L6 Link connection from the POD to the L2m/t speaker is very loud. You may have to turn your keyboard volume way up, or your POD volume way down to get a good balance. Alternatively, you could use the POD audio outputs (not L6 Link) to the L2 speaker, but you may need the L2t mixer for that.

- I find the L2t mixer to be very good value for the extra $$. If you ever do want to expand the setup you can do so without an additional $$ outlay of way more.

• Upvote 1

....... Alternatively, you could use the POD audio outputs (not L6 Link) to the L2 speaker, but you may need the L2t mixer for that......

On further consideration, you would not need an L2t mixer to accommodate the POD analog audio outputs. Since you are not concerned with stereo (just one L2 speaker, right?) you could use both the rear panel Line and Combi inputs for the keyboard and POD. In both cases a stereo input (the Line RCA L/R or the Combi with TRS) will be summed to mono. Or you could force a mono output from the sending device to the L2m and use only one RCA input and a Combi TS.

.... but still, I think the L2t vs. the L2m is a great value for $$.

On further consideration, you would not need an L2t mixer to accommodate the POD analog audio outputs. Since you are not concerned with stereo (just one L2 speaker, right?) you could use both the rear panel Line and Combi inputs for the keyboard and POD. In both cases a stereo input (the Line RCA L/R or the Combi with TRS) will be summed to mono. Or you could force a mono output from the sending device to the L2m and use only one RCA input and a Combi TS.

.... but still, I think the L2t vs. the L2m is a great value for $$.

I'm kind of leaning toward the L2T because, as you say it is a better value for the dollars spent.  I am also looking into other things, but I like the idea of the matched set and I would be using this as a floor wegde montior mostly.  The ability to tap into my Yamaha synth is a bonus, but it won't be the primary prupose.  If I start with the L2T and want to go stereo, I could get the L2M later.

I'm kind of leaning toward the L2T because, as you say it is a better value for the dollars spent.

That was my rationale too...it's a great sounding unit, and I use mine exclusively as a monitor as well. It's plenty loud though, and unless the band is trying to set a record for ear bleeding dB levels, you could use it in the backline, even without running the POD straight to FOH.

Just cross your fingers that you don't get one with the original rattling fan assembly, they're still out there.

I have to agree, L2t is the better value for the money.  It's a great little mixer on the side and you just never know when it's going to come in handy.  I would also say don't spend a lot of time clouding your mind with other options, these speakers just sound great as FRFR for guitar.  I don't believe all FRFR are created equal when it comes to guitar tone.  I used to think my modelled guitar tones sounded great through my Bose L2 system but it just has a more organic real amp type tone through these speakers.  They're a a warmer sound for guitar.  I would say vocals were a little crisper on the Bose but they still sound great through this system and I can get much louder with these speakers.