Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bluesman27

I am enjoying the early days of gigging with a Firehawk.   I must say that I like it a lot.  Great job, Line 6!   BUT.... I would like to ask Line 6 to put out a new device with these features:  Something like the firehawk but:

1)   Smaller.   Much smaller.   The Helix, HD series and Firehawk are too big.

2)   Yes, I want the wah/volume pedal.

3)    I don't care if I edit on PC or by bluetooth... just make it easy.

4)     Like the Firehawk, but with a button that can turn on or off the amp modeling.

5)    Assignable buttons - like Firehawk - but ALL can be assigned and ALL have a small screen showing what the buttons are assigned to. 

6)    Patches are OK, but not necesary.  I would rather have ONE patch with 8 buttons where I can turn on/off the effects assigned to those buttons.   

7)   Did I mention - keep it SMALL?    

Not really sure how much smaller you could get it if there is a wah pedal, 8 stomp switches each with a display, I'm guessing you'd need a bank up and down too, I mean you can't really move the switches any closer together, some people think the firehawk ones are already too close

Yeah, I don't have particularly big feet but I find the buttons just close enough that I have to take care hitting them - any closer together would be a nightmare!

Personally I'd make it bigger, two tiered like the HD500x, with a slightly bigger display!

What I would like is someone like Line 6 to make a sort of self-contained pedalboard.   Skip the patches.... I don't need them.    I agree with the posts on closeness of the buttons....But there are 8 buttons now...   Skip the Up/Down and have just 6 buttons, 3 on top and 3 lower, and i can pick ANY effect to be at ANY of the 6 buttons.   Each would have a small screen that I could edit to show basic things like  CHORUS, OD, DISTORTION, COMP.....We could still pick from a variety of effects, but once you pick one, it is a CHORUS, or a DISTORTION, and that is all we need to know on a stage.   I donlt want a picture of a Tube Screamer that I cannot see.   Allow me to decide if there will be AMP MODELING or if I will go straight into my own amp.   This button need not be on the top face. I really don't understand why this has not been made yet.  Every guitar player with a current pedalboard would jump on this.   No cords, no power brick and less weight and size.   

That looks like a nice device, but I think that is more of a desktop item and not for stage use.   As you know, there are lots of multi-effects units out there, but none that seem to be more of a pedalboard.    The BOSS ME-50, ME-80 is closer to what I am talking about.  But missing the editing and screens that would make it great.  PLus, I prefer the Line 6 amp modeling.   

What I would like is someone like Line 6 to make a sort of self-contained pedalboard.   Skip the patches.... I don't need them.    I agree with the posts on closeness of the buttons....But there are 8 buttons now...   Skip the Up/Down and have just 6 buttons, 3 on top and 3 lower, and i can pick ANY effect to be at ANY of the 6 buttons.   Each would have a small screen that I could edit to show basic things like  CHORUS, OD, DISTORTION, COMP.....We could still pick from a variety of effects, but once you pick one, it is a CHORUS, or a DISTORTION, and that is all we need to know on a stage.   I donlt want a picture of a Tube Screamer that I cannot see.   Allow me to decide if there will be AMP MODELING or if I will go straight into my own amp.   This button need not be on the top face. I really don't understand why this has not been made yet.  Every guitar player with a current pedalboard would jump on this.   No cords, no power brick and less weight and size.

I had the boss me80 which is more like that - it runs in either Memory (patch) mode that's pretty much identical to the FH, but also has manual mode, where each of the 8 or so foot switches controls an effect, including the amp/cab simulation.

Like Firehawk, the M13 is a great product and I am sure that a lot of players like it.   But for me it is limited by only having 4 buttons that can be used for FX, no pedal, no HD effects and no amp modeling.    The BOSS ME series is nice, but I find the BOSS sounds to be weak and I know many others share this opinion.   For now, the Firehawk is what I will use.      

no HD effects

Actually the M13 has the "HD" FX - they even stated that the HD500 employs "M13 Class FX" - 

But for me it is limited by only having 4 buttons that can be used for FX, no pedal, 

???

I count 4 x 3 = 12 

Line6M13_02.jpg

t I find the BOSS sounds to be weak 

Perhaps you never tried a GT-100 with Version 2 firmware?

https://youtu.be/7vO0FFaYScY

But then the opposite direction is this 

NEW WIKI for Fractal AX-8

http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=AX8:_amp_modeling_and_multi-fx_pedalboard

300px-AX8.jpg