Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod HD500X and USB audio versus MP3 audio input for rehearsing

DeMegens

Dear all,

Just bought the HD500X. For now everything lloks oke, but just a small problem.

I want to use the POD HD500X also in combination with an headphone, so I do not disturb my partner and kids :)

What I want is play an MP3 song from my laptop using Youtube. 

How can I adjust the the volume from the guitar so that it's not to loud against the youtube volume?

As far as I hear and discovered  is that the youtube audio is comming over the USB lead! 

Using a mini JACK cable from the laptops line-out to the MP3-in connector on the HD500X is not loud enough. I tried also my mobile phone, same problem, not loud enough. 

Youtube volume is adjustable by turning the MASTER knop (Most right knop) on the HD500X, but also the guitar volume goes up or down at the same time. In this situation the youtube sound is comming over the USB connection.

The only thing I can do, as I discoverd so far, is turning the Moddeling- AMP volume knop up or down. ( Second knop from the right called VOLUME).

Can someone explain whats the best way to connect the laptop or a mobile phone to the HD500X so I can rehearse my solo's along while listing to youtube as backing track? Would be nice that I also can adjust effects etc. using the EDIT software at the same time to adjust FX's and other parameters.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers 

Eric.

You can also disconnect the HD500 from the laptop (so there's no USB audio), hook up the 1/8" phone cable from the laptop headphone output to the HD500 MP3 input and adjust the MP3 playback level via the speaker volume controls on the laptop. Guitar volume is set by the HD500 per the response above.

To reiterate what they said: 

USB volume can be controlled with with the master volume, but since it also changes the guitar volume - you need to change the volume of the pc ON THE PC. 

Mp3 volume does not get controlled by the master volume. So again, you need to change it on the device itself.  

Some of these guys have seen me say this before, but this is new to you: 

I use an mp3 player. I set my master volume to match. That way I am always pumping out relatively the same volume. 

PianoGuyy:

"I use an mp3 player. I set my master volume to match. That way I am always pumping out relatively the same volume"

Please tell which mp3 player you use? I Used my Mobile phone Samsung S3 NEO. But the volume is to low for me. Would be an Apple IPOD a better one to use?

Or maybe someone else who can tell which mp3 player  is better for this.

I am not going to advertise or suggest any one particular product. I only use the one I use because it is what I had. 

Yes, an iPod may work better. When using (the same) headphones, does it produce louder volumes than your phone? If yes, then try the iPod. 

Don't forget - some products have different volume settings for headphones and for speaker. So, maybe if you have your phone speaker at 10, when you plug in your headphones it is at 2 unless you turn it up to 10.