Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

amplifi on gigs/ practice

richardroi

I've used it to play live with buddies, full band, drums, keys, bass, a horn or two.   

The only thing I hate about it is that there is a long delay between changing presets, like a full beat before it changes.  But not exactly a beat.

So now, you have to change the preset before you need the new sound.  It is extremely annoying, and if I had know it before I bought it, I wouldn't have.

Other than that, I love the amp.  I've had no connection problems, I can get all the sounds I want.

I opened a ticket to support about that!

Ticket ID: 258412

Request: When I'm changing presets there is delay, when changing from A clean to B crunch there is lag and this is not good on gigs, the changing of sound is always behind from the exact time you step on the button, and the app is always disconnecting, you can also observe slowness on the app when the Shortboard MKII is connected at the same time. I love line6 but this is not fun at all. Please have this fixed. I have seen others complaining also with the same issues on the forum.

Richard,

Thanks for your ticket inquiry and comments. After testing the unit here in the support office, we found this is an aspect of the unit's processing speed, and cannot be changed. We apologize if you're having issues with live situations, and will let you know if any solutions are reached in the future. We appreciate your business and hope you'll continue to enjoy Line 6 products.

Kind regards,

Jason-Line 6 support

But they said there's a new firmware coming!

What im doing now is find a clean tone (amp) then set my stomp with Killer Z(adjust settings) (my favorite) then adjust my delay and reverb. So that I don't have to change from A to B for clean and crunch. No delay! :D

hi guys! anyone here used amplifi on gigs/ practice? any videos?

I never seen one in actually stage with a real band behind it!!!

rocknroll

Hi there, I've been using my Amplifi 75 for rehearsal in a band for a while, it's been great. I've also had some compliments about how great it sounds. If I'd known I'd have been using it for band practice I probably would have got the 150, but really I can't complain about the sound & volume. Also, despite what I read on the net it can be plugged into a PA if you want.