Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6- Tone Direct UX2 MIDI connection and recogition

I am trying to connect my old Line 6 product which I believe is the Tone Direct UX2 model to my new laptop.

So far I am unable to get my computer to recognize my MIDI device. I keep getting an error message when I try to update my software that I need to log into my account and when I do I get a message that reads:

Make sure you are connected to the internet.

Reason: (Code 800038C6) Unknown server error occured.

If you have popup blockers, anti-spyware, or anti-virus programs running, try temporarily disabling then.

I am connected to the internet and do not any any blockers turned on. I would at least like to connect my MIDI device to my Reason Adapted software (which is also pretty old) or Reaper which I have downloaded so I can record my guitars and vocals on my computer.

Any help is appreciated!

I have Line 6, Line 6 Monkey and Line 6 License installed. I just can't get Monkey to recognize my UX2 device. I have it showing up in my playback devices and also in POD Farm when I plug my guitar into the UX2.

Also is there a way to record within POD Farm and export samples to other DAWs?

Sorry for the basic questions, just getting started!

ok ya I just installed the lastest updates I was running v1.24 before but just updaed to v.1.7. No it is a black box like most of the UX2 pics on the site.

I guess a better question in how to I get POD Farm communicating with Reaper or Reason Adapted as a send?

So can the newest version of Monkey see the UX now?

If so, do you have green ticks for drivers and POD farm?

In Reaper you need to select Line6 ASIO as your device and enable inputs 1 thru 4.

In POD Farm you configure the 4 sends, the screens a slightly different between PF1 and PF2.

A typical workflow would be to capture wet and dry tones simultaneously then apply the plug-in to the dry track post processing.

Yes Monkey can see UX now and I believe all the drivers are installed! I believe I was just missing a few activation or product registrations on some of my products.

Thanks also for the Reaper tips, was able to select ASIO as my device and get sound through my MIDI, computer effects and amp!

Thanks again for the help!

• 5 months later...

As I bought a new PC, I had to re-install the UX1 and podfarm software from the DVD

To update selection in line 6 Monkey, I get the answer to that I need to login. When I login I get the error message "make sure .....reason code 800038C6"