Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New JTV-69 glitching, tuning selector turning no/off.

Greetings, 

I have a JTV-69 that has been power cycled, re-flashed with the latest, plugged in numerous ways, with or without battery etc. 

A problem unfortunately persists.  If I play a single note, or chord it will randomly pitch-shift or it seems to be changing from one tuning mode to another.  The tuning selector knob will turn off and on. 

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Here is a video of the issue

https://youtu.be/f-MVu7E7zT0

I haave the same issue and re-flashing , re-wrapping, re-watering or praying will not make this lollipop go away.

one way I found for it not to upset me at gigs is to make the drop D tuning standard so in case this mother flickering happens on a gig I will still be in tune. However the flicking will cause a very audible click  that will dive your sound guy made .

Another way I found is to live the switch on model. I know this is not a solution by any means. If anyone knows how to fix it please let us know, but please bare in mind re-flashing or updating will not fix it. I am on firmware 1.71 as I love the acoustics and even did the disgusting update to HD just to see if that would get rid of the problem but nah...still there

• 2 years later...

At that time when the video was shot I think it had 10-11s but Big Bottoms, so I considered that, (cat 5 length, Modes, external hauntings etc.) but no, this guitar stays in standard tuning (better than any other guitar),  will try to see if I can get the phenomenon to happen again.  Since I work around it with software I don't encounter it and thought a flash update would remedy it, but sure I'll start a ticket since it sounds like you have a higher understanding of the problem. Grateful you chimed in!

Hi there

I used to have the exact same issue with my Jtv69

to make matters worse , I am in Sydney Australia and There are no representative line 6 repairer . Yeah exactly what you heard , no variax electronic/line 6 official repairer.

So what I did was, I opened the back and reassembled the cables coming from the tuning selector . The cables from factory were actually crumbled up pressing against the black cover.

So I unpluged them and laid them as neatly as possible, a little more separated, not letting it get caught or pressed down.

It's been a year now using the same firmware (1.71) with no gliching issues.

Oh yeah

Prior to that I did all the suggestions above with no luck. Reflashing or changing to a a firmware won't fix it

• Upvote 1

http://line6.com/find/service_center/

Should be three in the Sydney area, one in Newcastle and another one in Wollogong.

If you're having the exact same problem, then chances are it may be a hardware, not software issue.

Line 6 authorized tech needs to go underneath and determine, and repair it.

Thanks 

psarkissian

That is the trick isn't it. I'm not near a center to walk it in so I send it? I've poked around here but could you direct me to the first step of the process. 

I'm tempted to save the trouble and do what Bigband did. But the video was to document the problem right after I received the instrument new, and I haven't 

returned it, so no need to take credit for it being on your bench, unless you just outed it as a refurb...What is the first step? How long will it take?

As best as I can figure,... something might have occurred in transit to the retailer,

then they sent it to me. And I sent it back to them.

You are the original owner, so it's not a refurb,... those refurb units are sold from our website as such.

Almost all of those guitars have been across my bench and gone thru my finicky fine tooth comb.

Log a support ticket in your account, they can get the ball rolling and give you particulars and options.

• 1 year later...