Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FireHawk FX and Windows USB ASIO Audio Driver

stevekc

I have FireHawk FX and latest Windows USB ASIO Audio Driver 1.76

FireHawk FX works great as an IOS Audio Interface with iPad Air +CCK or ipHone 6 Plus + CCK (Apple USB Camera Connection Adapter) 

But its a different story on Windows 7, and Windows 8.1

I can not record into any DAW or Monitor any Sound with  terrible distortion

It appears the FireHawk FX's  Windows USB ASIO Audio Driver is fixed at 48kHz but all I get is distortion.

Can others Windows users report their FireHawk FX  ASIO Driver experiences? Is it working for you?

I'm using Windows 8.1 64 bit Pro on Acer R7, 12GB RAM connected to USB 2.0 port.

All my other USB interfaces ( Focusrite Scarlett, Steinberg UR44, HD500X, GT-100, are flawless ) - Firehawk FX is the exception 

You know somebody's gonna say factory reset and then reinstall firmware so I might as well be THAT guy

Apart from that I'm guessing you've tried turning the master volume knob down so that the signal isn't too hot

As you probably already know I've managed to record with no problems but unfortunately it's the bass players pc we use to record so I can't look into the settings etc right now

You know somebody's gonna say factory reset and then reinstall firmware so I might as well be THAT guy

Apart from that I'm guessing you've tried turning the master volume knob down so that the signal isn't too hot

Thanks - Tried all that - and the Firehawk USB Recording works fantastic with my ipad - I blame the USB Audio Driver

I'll try ASIO4ALL  

Just asking for a sanity check - if any other Foirhawk owners are successful recording on Windows using Firehawk FX as yoru audio interface - "What Setting are you using and what DAW?

Ive tried Reaper , Sony Vegas, Sound Forge,  ( not talking about random pops and clicks)  - nothing subtle about it.)

All I get is major distortion 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...

I know the old box is old tech, but thsi USB driver V1.97.0.2 I ahve it on Audacity, but the driver is flat oput and the slider for the record level makes no difference and it clips out, any ideas, seems the level of this cannot be adjusted