Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

[HD500X - New User] How do you have your foot switches configured?

magik570

I run 5-8 for preset changes as well. I have set lists for jamming and set lists for live performances. The jamming patches usually use FS 1-4 as if they were their own stomp boxes (like one for drive, one for delay, etc). My typical live set lists have 2 to 4 presets per song with the top row of switches acting as "sound changes", switching multiple effects on or off

Also, I struggle with volume control, my jam partners always complain about my volume not in the right level. What is my best option with this unit to handle that properly? Thanks in advance.

There's nothing particularly mysterious about leveling the relative volumes of patches. Same as any other unit that stores multiple preset tones. Balance them either with the individual chanel volumes, the mixer block, or some combination of the two...but if you're having issues at stage volume, then do your leveling at those volumes, assuming that you will want at least some patches a few dB louder than the others for solos. The dB curve is logarithmic. If you level everything at bedroom volumes, the boosted patches will seem much louder (relative to the others) when they're cranked than they did at lower volumes.