Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Should I connect the Firehawk to PA or Amp ?

kittisiri

In the output, there are 2 modes we can choose.  

1. AMP mode which send the signal strength as an instrument level, to appropriately connect to a real amp.  

2. LINE mode which suitable for connecting to PA, as the signal strength is going to be sent in line level.  

My question is... 

Which route should I go ? (if I don't have neither amp nor PA, what should I buy ?)

I'm still questioning if I go with the first route, will it be that I double the amp process? because the signal will run through both modelling amp in the Firehawk and the real amp in the end of the chain.  And that way if I choose to use some famous amp in the Firehawk, the sound might not be as it should be when run through another amp in the end.

Thanks in advance, 

Duke.

You are correct, especially if your guitar amp does not have a separate input for only the power amp section. If you route the Firehawk output to your amp's normal (preamp) input you should not use any amp model in your Firehawk preset, for exactly the reason you describe. If you want to use the Firehawk amp modelling with your guitar amp you need to connect to your amp's power amp section, which also provides the cabinet so you should select NoCab in theFirehawk preset.

For maximum Firehawk use (amp and cab/mic modelling) I prefer to go direct to PA or FRFR speakers, using Line output mode.

• Upvote 1

You are correct, especially if your guitar amp does not have a separate input for only the power amp section. If you route the Firehawk output to your amp's normal (preamp) input you should not use any amp model in your Firehawk preset, for exactly the reason you describe. If you want to use the Firehawk amp modelling with your guitar amp you need to connect to your amp's power amp section, which also provides the cabinet so you should select NoCab in theFirehawk preset.

For maximum Firehawk use (amp and cab/mic modelling) I prefer to go direct to PA or FRFR speakers, using Line output mode.

That clears up!

Thanks a lot.