Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Farm still running in demo mode with new interface

Hey guys, It's my first post but I've done alot of googling and couldn't find any definitive answers for the problem I'm having.

So about 3 years ago I bought a ux1 that came with PodFarm2 that I was using to record for a while. Recently I started using PodFarm again and i read online that with the 2.5 update you could use non line 6 interfaces with PodFarm now so I caught up on all the updates I missed over the last few years and downloaded the latest version of PodFarm from the line6 website. I bought a new Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 and tried to run it with pod farm and didn't have any problem setting it up in the program but now it's stuck in demo mode. Whenever I try to star up Pod Farm, it tells me that it doesnt recognize a valid license and that I need to go into the license manager and activate my computer but when I go to license manager, it tells me my computer is already activated but it still runs the demo mode so I can't access any of my amp models or tones that I track with. I double checked with Line-6 Monkey and I have everything up to date. I looked all over trying to find a solution for this and I've come up empty handed.

I'm running everything on windows 7.

Anyone have any insight as to what the issue could be?

Thanks in advance,

Aaron

I'm not 100% sure but I think you will have to purchase the hardware independent version of Pod Farm, introduced as of version 2.5. I don't think the free version of PodFarmthat was bundled with your UX device extends to the hardware independent version of Pod Farm.

Other users- please correct me if I'm wrong here.

If you bought the packs you can use them on up to 4 devices so PF should be one of them.

Re the UX1:  Your 'puter needs to see the UX1 to use as a dongle for its PF license. So without the UX1, PF never sees the "go ahead its cool" code. That would be my best guess.

-B

+1 to Silverhead & BillBe

If you purchase the Hardware Independent License you will also have access to any other model packs you previous purchased.

POD Farm 2.5 Platinum will give you access to all the packs.

So depending on whatr packs you already have you might want to consider the price differences.