Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV69 power issues

Has anyone had issues with their JTV69 frying boards? Twice now I've fried the main board. It's still under warrantee so it's getting fixed for free but I'm starting to question the reliability. I am using the ABS To power it up through the supplied1/4 cable. My technician insists there is nothing internal to the guitar that would cause this. The issue starts with what looks like an internal com issue where I can't access the guitar models or alt turnings until I play with the selector switch then they work as normal. Eventually I cannot turn off the guitar by pressing the model selector. To turn it off I unplug the cable. At that point it Will not turn back on. It's in the shop now so I wanted to ask if anyone has experienced this. If there's a hardware fix I want to let him know. I have a feeling that I'll just keep blowing through boards.

I am using the Line6 Variax Cabled Power kit. It came with an XPS-AB, a PSU and a Planet Waves TRS cable. The Pilot's Handbook calls for the XPS-DI which was discontinued years ago. I discussed my set up with the Line 6 Technician the first time the electronics crapped out including the XPS-AB and he didn't identify it as a problem. Is the XPS-AB A problem or not?

Line 6 spider Valve MKII Bogner. Only has 1 input. Controlling using an FBV MKII Shortboard

Will do. The last thing I want is for it to fail again.

Thanks everyone for your input. I will let you know how it goes and if there are any specific causative factors.