Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

User Manuals!

losv100

I am hoping this is not the final version of the manual. Where are the amp and effects parameters of each amp and effect? Where are the midi cc for delay on/off, delay repeats, Reverb on/off, reverb size and such? I would be using two controllers to turn effects off and on, and two controllers to control delay intensity and Reverb amount. I would use Helix switches for presets only.

I am hoping this is not the final version of the manual. Where are the amp and effects parameters of each amp and effect? Where are the midi cc for delay on/off, delay repeats, Reverb on/off, reverb size and such? I would be using two controllers to turn effects off and on, and two controllers to control delay intensity and Reverb amount. I would use Helix switches for presets only.

This is the final version of the manual, at least for the current firmware. I'm sure it will be updated to correspond with whatever changes are made to firmware in the future. Whether there will be something like an advanced guide, I don't know. Many of the parameters are common between the amp, cab, and effect models, and those are explained.

Are far the CC messages for individual parameters, that's not how it works. Because of the possibility of having multiple instances of the same effect and complex signal chains, there simply aren't enough CC messages to assign every parameter of every effect a dedicated CC. But you can still control these things by using the "learn controller" feature in the "Controller Assign" menu. If you want to use a particular CC to control a certain parameter, the Helix will learn up to 64 CCs per preset. It's actually way more useful and powerful than a static MIDI map in that regard.

This is the final version of the manual, at least for the current firmware. I'm sure it will be updated to correspond with whatever changes are made to firmware in the future. Whether there will be something like an advanced guide, I don't know. Many of the parameters are common between the amp, cab, and effect models, and those are explained.

Are far the CC messages for individual parameters, that's not how it works. Because of the possibility of having multiple instances of the same effect and complex signal chains, there simply aren't enough CC messages to assign every parameter of every effect a dedicated CC. But you can still control these things by using the "learn controller" feature in the "Controller Assign" menu. If you want to use a particular CC to control a certain parameter, the Helix will learn up to 64 CCs per preset. It's actually way more useful and powerful than a static MIDI map in that regard.

So will it also see external controllers and the learn still work? I was also wanting to see if the harmonizer would allow you to do 12 custom notes. It states that it is an Eventide 910. I had that unit and it would do that.

So will it also see external controllers and the learn still work? I was also wanting to see if the harmonizer would allow you to do 12 custom notes. It states that it is an Eventide 910. I had that unit and it would do that.

Yes, it will "see" external controllers, although, that's not probably the best terminology. When you hit the "learn controller" command, it will respond to whatever CC is sent. If you happen to send it a CC that is dedicated to something else (like looper play) it will tell that one is unavailable.

Right now, the harmonizer doesn't account for custom scales. That would be a nice feature, though.