Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Power requirements (specifically current) for Relay Wireless (G30/50/55/90)

NevvyC

Can anyone be absolutely clear about what current the following Relay wireless receivers require:

G30

G50

G55

G90

I've read differing results from different power supplies....

I'm aiming to power from a VoodooLabs power bank (either the PP2+ or Digital) as I wish to power an Eventide H9 Max from the same power bank simultaneously (high current draw also...) obviously I don't want to experience dropouts so will have to purchase current doubling cables but need to know which wireless units I can look at/purchase that will operate in this particular setup....

Basically, if I go with the PP2+ the H9 max will require outputs 5&6 with a current doubling cable of the power bank (to draw enough current...) leaving the option of 2 other 100mA outputs (so 200mA with another current doubling cables) to power a Line6 Relay Wireless kit....

If I go with the VL Digital there should be plenty of current for both H9 max and any Relay wireless kit. Though there are pros and cons to each VL power bank...

The PP2+ having other (more) spare DC outputs and a 240v thru "IEC courtesy outlet" (200w max.... Wondering if this might power the G90 actually....) and no fan.

The Digital is more compact and also lighter but has a fan... And would have less spare DC outputs for expansion. Also no "IEC courtesy outlet" for potential expansion...

• 2 years later...