Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500X - Variax Accoustic 700: Power and Audio Support?

As background, I own a Variax Acoustic 700 and a JTV-69.

I understand the POD HD500x does not support the original Variax Workbench software  v1.75, but does it supply power and audio via the Variax Digital cable connection?

Put another way, would the HD500X accept the Variax digital audio signal, and would this connection allow me to not have to use the XPS Footswitch to power the Variax Acoustic?

Thanks.

Yes. My 300 works with my HD 500X via the VDI. I can program the HD 500X to select models on it for different patches. I do not gig with the 300 any more, as I have the JTV 59 & 69S for gigging. I had the 300 out not too long ago and it played fine through the 500X. Just no support via the 500X for WB v1.75. I did not hook up through Monkey to see if it gets recognized by that for FW updates & such via the 500X, though. I also have my 500 as a backup for my 500X, and that still works with WB 1.75 as far as I know, though it's been a while since I messed with it.

Dave