Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Update error - FX100

RedOctober

Advice here?

Updating FX100 because I can't use it with Android until I do.

I get Amplify utility, drivers and install those. Utility detects device and I start firmware update.

Gets a short way in and I get error message shown below.

"Update failed: Read/Write error. Check USB cable connection"

Obviously, the cable is connected, otherwise it would never start the firmware update.

Ideas?

• 2 months later...

What type of computer are you using to update the firmware with. Several things to be weary of: Make sure you don't lose power. Make sure your firmware fully downloaded. And make sure your USB drivers are up to date. If all that is good.Try doing the factory reset prior to the update. Then remember to do it again after the update. This is all I know. Hope it helps.

Aloha "Just Starting"  

Thanks for responding!  I bought an HP Laptop with Windows 10 and with help from Line  6 tech Jason was able to to update the latest firmware.  Had to put the FX 100 in update mode (I think A/C buttons pressed and turn on unit and then all four buttons stay lit).  Used the Line 6 Updater with USB connected to laptop and it did the rest.  Then I reset the FX100 and Recalibrated.  I think my main issue was that while updating firmware my WIFI was cutting in and out. 

Now my next challenge is to get my Galaxy Tab A to connect via Bluetooth.  Tried several times to install and uninstall Amplifi Remote APP and to uninstall/forget the Bluetooth link to the FX 100 and to re-pair but with very limited success.  When I "skip" connecting to the FX100 and look at the APP the switches do not move all the time and that's the same when I do connect to FX 100 via Bluetooth.

It might be that this particular Galaxy Tab A does do es not have the best Bluetooth.  Thanks for your help with this!

Clinton

What Android product do you use?

I'm using the Kindle Fire Hdx 8.9". I also had to update the firmware before I could even get my Kindle to work. My problem was my Satellite Internet connection would not download the Amplifi Utilitly. I had to borrow my neighbors iPad, download the Amplifi App, update the firmware, reset, calibrate, then as you said the App still wouldn't work until I deleted it and reinstalled it. Now everything works great. Just did the newest update a week or two ago. I have only had one snafu with the bluetooth. 99% of the time it works great and never drops out. The Kindle Fire seems to have a really stable bluetooth as I have used it with several external devices, earphones, bluetooth speakers, screen transfers via bluetooth, and of course the Amplifi App. I would have assumed the Galaxy Tab would have worked great too. Is it a newer Galaxy?

Aloha Cebreez!

Yeah I just bought from Costco the Samsung Galaxy Tab A with Android 5.0 Lollipop and Bluetooth 4.1   So I will try again to connect tonight or tomorrow.  Then if It does not work i'll call the Line 6 tech.  They have been pretty good at responding and hopefully they can walk me through whatever process needed.  

The biggest issue  like you said is to maintain WIFI connection when upgrading firmware...otherwise the unit will go bananas and blink until it gets upgraded.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Clinton

Sorry rayaipo Busy Holidays. I never saw anything about tokens. Did you get your issues resolved? I am still enjoying mine. I'm a couple of long practices away from going live with it. You may have to go the long route like I did. Change computers or use a friend's wifi if it's more stable in til you get the update done. Should have been able to do a factory reset to clear the errors.

I set my Amplifi FX100 up last night, I was given it as a gift purchased from Amazon. The as shipped firmware version was 1.0 which meant I was unable to access it from my Android phone. I found some instructions online and downloaded the updater. Unfortunately the instructions failed to mention that the drivers are now separate from the updater. I figured that out and downloaded the drivers too. I installed everything and connected my FX100 the updater could see the FX100 so I started the update, it did the same thing as the OP my software started to download and in a few seconds it failed. I had set up my FX100 for update by switching it on holding the A and C footswitches. I did this several times to no avail. - I don't own an IOS device any more so I reached out and borrowed one however, that device needed charging. Being the excited kind of guy that I am I decided to try my Macbook, I downloaded the updater (there are no drivers necessary on the Macbook) connected the FX100 to my Macbook using the USB and presto, I was able to upgrade to the latest firmware. I followed the instructions for the factory reset and the recalibration of the expression pedal and boom! - I was able to connect my Android phone and even better, I connected my Nexus7 (which has been waiting to find it's purpose in life) and the connection was not only stable but flawless. Within minutes I was able to download some tones and Purple Haze was rocking out of my AMP. - Now I am excited to see what this thing can do. - I got distracted on the first session just switching things up but so far, after the initial set up it seems to work as advertised.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. 

About updating FX100(2.50). I was forced to do it by air (wifi) direct on the phone and not over computer direct, that worked flawless but toke a bit longer time.

Had the same problems as mentioned to do it via USB and PC direct. Worth a try??

Nolan

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 23/11/2015 at 02:56, rayaipo said:

Eu tenho o mesmo problema. Agora meu FX100 não funcionará. Todos os quatro botões predefinidos permanecem acesos (não estão mais piscando). Gostaria de receber alguns conselhos também! rayaipo@yahoo.com

Opa eu tive o mesmo problema cometi o erro de atualizar pelo aplicativo Android e agora só fica piscando e não consigo fazer mais nada não volta as funções e nem restaura de fábrica por favor me ajudem