Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Inconsistant volume for patches

leesteel

I've seen others discuss this but all of a sudden, my HD500X has decided that the volume of the patch should be lower from time to time.

To be more clear, I have a distorted patch that I am using, If I change to a different patch, clean for example, and then go back to the previous distorted patch, this patch is at a lower volume than it is supposed to be. 

Some times it takes several switches back and forth to get the volume back where it is supposed to be.

I used to experience something similar with my bass patches that were prior to the amp bass pack. Usually doing the preset change thing you describe cured the problem. But for me it was actually a boost in volume that should not have been there. I just always thought it might be my bass with a battery powered eq on it, but I wonder now, because ever since using the bass pack amps I haven't had this problem.

In my case the two amps were the Flip-Top and Tweed B-Man Brt. If the cabs/mics have anything to do with it, those were 115 Flip Top/47 Cond and 4x12 Tread V-30 and 409 Dynamic.

...To be more clear, I have a distorted patch that I am using, If I change to a different patch, clean for example, and then go back to the previous distorted patch, this patch is at a lower volume than it is supposed to be. 

Some times it takes several switches back and forth to get the volume back where it is supposed to be.

Maybe the pedal has Volume assigned to it and changes slightly while pressing patch changes. Can you try disabling Volume control on the pedal?

• Upvote 1

Same issue here. It really makes editing the patches in HD500 Edit a pain.

Seems to be quite reproducible, why has it never been fixed?

I have had better results with HD500X edit by not touching anything on the HD500X while editing except for the master volume. If you touch the HD500X while editing, you never know what will happen.

I have also noticed the volume issue lately. Now that it has been brought to my attention, I will try changing the patch back and forth. At least I know it is not my imagination.

• Upvote 1

If your channel volumes are almost dimed or maxed out I read somewhere that the HD500 will lower itself for some reason.

I keep all my channel volumes around 50% or so and have no problems but when I first got it and would raise the channel volume on a patch at a gig it would do wierd things yes.

Go into HD edit on your computer and lower all channel volumes by 20% and see what happens.

You will of course have to raise the master some after this.

I got used to it and think it might be caused by the way I set the volume.

I use an external Pedal to set the value of a volume pedal I put at the end of each patch chain. So I normally play at 85% volume and for lead guitar I kick the pedal and play on 100%.

But every time I adjust a patch in HD500 Edit it is problematic and what I really dislike is that this has never been fixed.

When the HD500 came out I was buying it immediately. As much as I'm interested in the new Helix I think I will wait some time to hear of early adopters... and I read Fractal's AX8 is coming soon, also seems to be a very interesting unit in the same price range.

If your channel volumes are almost dimed or maxed out I read somewhere that the HD500 will lower itself for some reason.

So you are saying in the amp section of HD edit, to lower the channel volume of the amp to around 50%. And it doesn't matter where the mixer volume is.